1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

screen size for notebook computers for coding

Discussion in 'C#' started by Lafaso870, Apr 30, 2011.

Hello,

.NET has a development environment.

A lot of people seem to like the smaller 13" notebook computers for coding and portability.

I was looking at a 13" and a 15" model. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

It's not directly an ASP question. But I'm thinking there are people who code daily within ASP's development environment or a different one.

Maybe the way to go is to use the 13", and then hook a second larger monitor up in the background for other screen resources. But maybe the IDE takes up a lot of screen space and it's better to have a 15" notebook computer.

Lafaso870, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    As always you need to look at the resolution as well as the screen size.

I have a 11.6" MacBook Air that boots into Windows 7 and has Visual Studio installed. Whilst I wouldn't want to use it as my main PC for coding as things are a little cramped it is perfectly useable for doing a bit of code tweaking whilst on site with a client.

AstarothSolutions, May 3, 2011 IP
  3. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Visual Studio (.net's main IDE), is much better with a higher resolution as it takes up a fair bit of screen space. As for the screen size, I guess that depends on how good your eyes are...

camjohnson95, May 16, 2011 IP
  4. leva86

leva86 Peon

Best Answers:
    i use a macbook pro 13"(1280*800) with windows 7 on bootcamp. I'm happy with this screen resolution.

leva86, May 17, 2011 IP