1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

screen size for notebook computers for coding

Discussion in 'C#' started by coykiesaol, Apr 9, 2011.

Hello,

.NET has a development environment.

A lot of people seem to like the smaller 13" notebook computers for coding and portability.

I was looking at a 13" and a 15" model. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

It's not directly an ASP question. But I'm thinking there are people who code daily within ASP's development environment or a different one.

Maybe the way to go is to use the 13", and then hook a second larger monitor up in the background for other screen resources. But maybe the IDE takes up a lot of screen space and it's better to have a 15" notebook computer.

coykiesaol, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Whilst I personally don't code much these days, I actually use 2 mac computers (dual booting into windows) for when I do use VS. One has a 27" screen and the other a 11.6". Obviously the larger screen allows you to have a lot more on the screen at the same time and is great for any kind of coding. The 11.6" has a resolution of 1366x768 so doesn't actually look that bad but as I tend to do more ASP.Net and hand code rather than drag and drop I do tend to turn off a lot of the extra windows to free up screen real estate

AstarothSolutions, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  3. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    I think screen resolution is more important than notebook size - so long as your eyesight is OK.
    Used to use a 15" Dell laptop with 1600 x 1200 UXGA display which was great - but now that screens have changed to wide format, the best available seem to be 1366 x 768 in small sizes, which is OK for coding.
    Certainly wouldn't want one to use one of the 1024 x 600 screens - far too small to use for coding, and even adding an external monitor, most don't have graphics capability to provide much better resolution

seafrontsteve, Apr 10, 2011 IP