1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scrapper site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by fbernard, Aug 11, 2005.

Is the Google news page considered a scrapper site?

fbernard, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  2. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    no, but it should be.

toddieg, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  3. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It may technically fit into some people's definition of a "scraper site", in that it does not provide any human input, and it is automated.

However, it's provides an extremely useful service to me. The algo they use is great. I love being able to read 5 different takes on the same story (or 500 if you wanted).

I've never found a scraper site that's remotely useful. Plus, G hasn't really monetized Google news (as of now). Scraper sites always are as spammy as can be.

Interesting question you bring up though.... Trying to filter out scraper sites will definitely be tricky for SEs. News is so syndicated these days, not much is original.

Sharpseo, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  4. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Topix.net is as scraper as they come and it was just bought for $50 million by a group of various newspaper companies. I'm sure they are making quite a bit through Adsense.

crew, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  5. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's estimated that they made over 1 million (US$) in 2004 in adsense. Topix launched in Jan '04.

cgo85, Aug 12, 2005 IP