1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

School Project Question For Legal

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Volux, Feb 10, 2012.

Hi I am a high school student and I have a question for my a business project for economics class.

For our class we have a business project in which our groups create a business plan. Our business plan can be for any business we like, and we choose to create web host business plan. This project amount to 30% of our entire grade as well.

I have done a reseller in the past, so I know mostly what I am dealing with, but I have some legal questions.

Since this would theoretically be a REAL "legal" business...

1) Would we need to hire a lawyer to create a Terms of Use and Agreements document? Are there terms of service and privacy policies we can purchase online? What about Privacy Policy as well?

I thought this was a necessary question because of start-up costs and we would need a legal agreement for the customer to accept.

2) Would we need liability insurance, or any insurance at ALL to start up? If so, do you have any examples of what insurance a web host would need?

I appreciate all help. Just need some answers for my class.

Volux, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  2. attorney jaffe

attorney jaffe Member

Best Answers:
    I get many calls every week from entrepreneurs who are starting an e-commerce site and who want me to help guide their steps. We discuss the domain, their hosting, their merchant account, the Privacy Policy, the TOS, and much more. Generally, these clients will spend less than $1,500 to set up their business and open their web site with sound legal advice.

attorney jaffe, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  3. Volux

Volux Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Does this mean a lawyer and insurance is necessary?

Volux, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  4. attorney jaffe

attorney jaffe Member

Best Answers:
    I believe all new e-commerce companies should consult a lawyer. Insurance is not something most web hosting companies would have.

attorney jaffe, Feb 10, 2012 IP