1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammers building itraders

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tommy Arnold, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Kronenkorken

Kronenkorken Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a good trick when you have lost money from a scammer.
    please contact me when you need info for limited MB account from the scammer!!!

Kronenkorken, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you are right. i ran into this post where multiple DP members got scammed. thread link

everyone must use common sense and take precaution

sultanofseo, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  3. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats true, The best way to aviod is deal only with the registered paypal person the best way to get your shit out

drvenom, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  4. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i have been scammed twice. once a guy sold me a domain with fake PR. the other time it was a money bookers exchange where the scammer charged back. DP is full of them. only deal with proven members

mikey1090, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  5. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a suggestion, quit money trading!

If you just look at the posting habits of people you can spot a scammer. He will be looking for VCCs to verify a Paypal account. Maybe do a few minimum trades to build a little rep and BAM greed kicks in for both members the scammer and the victim and he does his deed. Do your research before dealing with anybody. You can spot the scammers if you take some time to look at what their posting habits are. A lot of Introduction forum posting, very short nonsense posts, right away looking to trade money, and as I stated before, asking to buy VCCs to verify their paypal or wanting to buy a paypal account.

*Thinking as always DP should ban money trading*

allout, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  6. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm registered in Dec 2007 and I ask for 50% payment upfront for my projects. That doesn't make me a scammer, please don't yell out stuff just for the heck of it :)

Tudi, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  7. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    i hate scammers, but you know what i hate more? Thieves honestly thats the lowest shit you could ever do is steal. If you ever stole anything over 5$ in your life your low class scum.

killafawk, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  8. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Ye well basically scammers are thieves. They might not reach into your pocket for the money, but they promise a service and don't deliver on that promise. Can't tell which is worse.

Tudi, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  9. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    there more con-artists. both are scum but i hate thieves even more. especially those with no motive behind it other than just to steal something to make a buck. I can understand maybe poor people stealing but not people who have money.

Sorry just a rant, had a friend who stole 60$ from me awhile back, he had his own car at the time paid for by his mom and dad, he had two cell phones and two different bills which both his parents paid. he bitched and moaned when he din't get enough money from his parents, he had a kid at 16, hes a man whore and plays women left and right and probably has numerous STD's, he knows hes messed up so he drinks nearly everyday, he did drugs and probably still does. Yet he bitches and moans because he thinks his lifed sucked. Now it does thats for sure.

oh and i could honestly call him a professional thief. he actually "got good" at it. he literally could steal something straight out of someones hands. sad really.

killafawk, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  10. Sevenheartz

Sevenheartz Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing you can do really is - as suggested already - check what kind of posts and trades the person have made in the past in order to get a better sense of what kind of person they are.

Sevenheartz, Jan 11, 2008 IP