1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed by Fuller Interactive - How to get money back

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RandomH3r0, Aug 20, 2008.

I am creating this post as a warning about anyone thinking of doing business with Adam Fuller and fullerinteractive. He also goes to by name Adam Ellifritt and has owned onemotionsutdios in the past.

Here is a thread on another forum I have found about his scams
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=630123

Basically what happen to me is he asked for an initial payment for 1/3 the total cost. AT the begining he was very easy to contact and had sent a few mocks of the design for the project. This is as faw as it got and he then became impossible to contact and just made excuses when he would respond.

What would be my best option to get my money back. The payment was made by paypal but I cannot create a dispute.

I believe he lives in Washington and i have phone numbers and other information which i believe is true.

Has anyone here been scammed before and knows what the best way for me to get my money back is?

RandomH3r0, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  2. seasonsbest

seasonsbest Peon

Best Answers:
    If you cannot file a dispute I am not sure how much you can do. Try to work something out with him. I am a little confused though... I did a search on Linkedin for this guy and I do not think that the two are connected. WHT has tons of those threads circulating around enough to make me think its one or a couple people involved in creating scenarios and posting them on their.

Anyways, on linked in I found this guys profile and it doesnt seem like he is much of a scammer at all. Seems all a bit fishy to me:

“Adam is a hard-working web design professional with a strong attention to detail. He is dedicated to quality and was very easy to work with. I look forward to working with him again in the future.” June 27, 2008

Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Good Value

Chad Harnish
    hired Adam as a Graphic/Web Designer in 2008

“Adam does excellent work and always delivers on time or ahead of schedule. He is sharp and creative. I highly recommend his services.” March 28, 2008

Evan Weber, CEO, Experience Advertising
    was with another company when working with Adam at Fuller Interactive

“Adam has consistently provided great work for us. He is a perfectionist, and we look forward to working with him on all of our future projects.” March 18, 2008

Top qualities: Great Results, Good Value, Creative

Chuck Hogg
    hired Adam as a Graphic/Web Designer in 2008, and hired Adam more than once

--

Thing about linkedin as that the users profiles who recommend the person have other connections as well so its not like he created those other profiles and recommended himself.

Does not sound like he scammed you either if he sent designs. Most cases 1/3 of the cost of the project would be for the design anyways. I am sorry but you werent scammed buddy and if you want your money back I would say you are the only one to blame.

Hope you can work it out. Shoot him an email and come to a negotiation. Sometimes communication problems can arise over the internet.

seasonsbest, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. seasonsbest

seasonsbest Peon

Best Answers:
    I too was just scammed though so I know how you feel. Good luck!

seasonsbest, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. RandomH3r0

RandomH3r0 Peon

Best Answers:
    He didn't send any PSDs or anything, Just a mock .jpeg of the design. I have seen his linkedin which did confuse me on why he would stop responding to me since he did have some recommendations. Hopefully he will respond or something but I am starting to have my doubts

RandomH3r0, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow thats not cool

Cakk15, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Even a friend of mine was shouting over some ADAM name .... dunno if it was FULLER
    It was about a designing job for a portal

Seems hes been duping quite some people!

tripad, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  7. Internet Solutions

Internet Solutions Banned

Best Answers:

Now wait a second. Do you understand how foolish you sound when you make an accusation about someone over something and you don't even know if it was him?

Have some information if you're going to come with that stuff.

Internet Solutions, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey i have something to say too :)
    I worked with this guy very nice on many projects until now when he acuse me that he paided ( 189$ ) for a project un-finished when the reality is that he scammed me because he didn't have enough money in his paypal account to send me 200$ at that time. I think i'm the scammed guy here, that's for sure.
    This is the guy :
    http://www.getafreelancer.com/users/334345.html
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/7/388/527
    I suggest all freelancers to avoid this guy because it is a total mess and it will ruin your time.

ultradesign, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  9. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeap it is foolish but not so foolish when you find out his real name :)
    Adam Ellifritt

ultradesign, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  10. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
  11. seasonsbest

seasonsbest Peon

Best Answers:
    Ultradesign,

You don't make a whole lot of sense and its not very informative when you include absolutely no information about your transaction.

seasonsbest, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  12. Creative_illusion

Creative_illusion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Paypal is very one sided they prioritize scammers than the victim. I'm a designer and I got scammed by my client by simply filing a "dispute" and ofcourse paypal took the money that I work for without any notice. See how easy it is to file a dispute for a person who will scam someone but all work is legit and done and how hard to file a dispute for someone who got scam. Very one sided. I've tried to call their customer service to clear the unexpected dispute and claim from my client. What amaze me most. It's like walking in a wire in the circus. Very hard to get in touch with them. Very hard.

Creative_illusion, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  13. garrettheel

garrettheel Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite the opposite happened to me, actually. I paid for a website and did not receive it. After filing a dispute, Paypal deemed I would get nothing back.

garrettheel, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  14. Creative_illusion

Creative_illusion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Paypal is always in the side of the scammer. :D

Creative_illusion, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  15. jdock1

jdock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    File a complaint with the better business bereua that will get his attention

http://www.bbb.org

jdock1, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  16. DRScott

DRScott Peon

Best Answers:
    This kid tried to scam me too. After the 7th day of hearing "will have soemthing by this evening" and no work being done I researched his name and found lots of forums talking about this Adam Fuller. Sure enough...same kid. I quickly emailed Adam again ordering him to return my money. After a few heated emails the money was returned.

Be watchfull with freelancers. Make sure you search their name + 'scam' and see if anything comes up.

PS - His website says he is now in Nashville. Must have burned Portland (where he was before 'supposedly'). Oh and his real name is Adam Ellifritt. He changed it to hide his identity.

DRScott, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  17. redrage

redrage Peon

Best Answers:
    if it was not for a huge amount, walk away, learn from the experience and get on with your life. you win in the end because he will always be a tool.

redrage, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  18. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    paypal does not handle disputes where no physical goods changed hands.

oseymour, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  19. ladesignandcoding

ladesignandcoding Peon

Best Answers:
    If he sent you some jpg's then i don't think you were "scammed", after all, we are only hearing your version of events.

ladesignandcoding, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's because a website is non-tangible goods

averyz, Oct 22, 2010 IP