1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scam - "TLG*GREATFN" transactions on Credit Card statement

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by maverick, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCaro

LCaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well excuse us for not wanting to throw hard earned money away. What this company is doing is dirty and they should be stopped

LCaro, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  2. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is horrible, that is why I never buy any thing online with y CC.. I have a prepaid that I have gotten just for online transations and only put the amount tha tI need to buy the product on there, taht way if some one gets my cc info they try and charge it it will not go through..

For example I had bought a template from template monster and I got a free 1 year hosting out of it. Well I figured what the hell even though I own my own servers I would try it out.. well ever month I would receive an email saying we are doing automatic upgrades if you don't reply to this message and opt out your cc will be charged. Well I did not see the first email and they tried charging it (but no money on it so it did not go through)

I should have known better then to give a cc number to a free hosting company but they said they need to verify who i was.. Well this continued and many people have been charged by Globet.com for their automatic upgrades for 49.99 ..

Any ways the moral of this story is get a prepaid cc for all online sales..

~Aimee

IwhiC, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  3. flowth

flowth Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, another scammer....

flowth, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  4. sheilasultani

sheilasultani Peon

Best Answers:
    Just remember to always read the small print (even when the product or service is free). I think it isn't a scam, but I do think it is deceptive. You guys are probably signing up for something you think is free and without realizing it you are agreeing to this monthly payment. It took me a year of paying money out to a couple of different places to realize this.

sheilasultani, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  5. shellypet

shellypet Peon

Best Answers:
    I was charged $12.99 a couple months in a row by TLG*GREATFN16272551 on my credit card statement and found out that it was a membership to Great Fun. When I called them they said that I agreed to their membership when I signed up for Classmates.com. I told them I did no such thing. They said they would cancel my membership and they would send me a form by SNAIL MAIL to fill out to get my refund. I emailed Classmates and told them that this company is deceitful and I am disappointed in them for working with a company like this. We’ll see if I ever get my refund.

shellypet, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  6. shellypet

shellypet Peon

Best Answers:
    I was charged $12.99 a couple months in a row by TLG*GREATFN16272551 on my credit card statement and found out that it was a membership to Great Fun. When I called them they said that I agreed to their membership when I signed up for Classmates.com. I told them I did no such thing. They said they would cancel my membership and they would send me a form by SNAIL MAIL to fill out to get my refund. I emailed Classmates and told them that this company is deceitful and I am disappointed in them for working with a company like this. We’ll see if I ever get my refund.

shellypet, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  7. zenwick

zenwick Peon

Best Answers:
    I just noticed two $14.99 charges on my Chase Visa statement from TLG*Greatfn. I called them to complain, and then I looked at the reverse of my credit card statement to see how to dispute the charges. There - ON MY CHASE BANK STATEMENT! - found the following note:

IMPORTANT NEWS
    Save on dining, activities, hotels & more with Great Fun.
    Learn more at www.Greatfunsite.com/Dining
    and you'll be identified as a Chase cardmember
    entitled to this great Trilegiant offer,
    including $20.00 Cash Back for dining!

I called Chase and spoke with five different people. A representative from their Security Department told me that, as far as she knew, TLG is a "third-party partner", and their services included monitoring my account for my protection.

My suspicion is that they got my credit information directly through Chase and started charging me without authorization. The Security lady told me she could only open an investigation if she closed my account, which I prefer not to do.

zenwick, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. ronpaul2

ronpaul2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think it was something he had forgotten because I was also charged $149.99 by TLG*AUTOVNTGE even though I never bought anything from them.

In fact, I had never heard of TLG*AUTOVNTGE until I saw my bank statement.

How can TLG*AUTOVNTGE be allowed to do this?

ronpaul2, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  9. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    this thread has lot of newbies :confused: a great thread :rolleyes:

thank god i dont have cc :p

chandan123, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=GREATFN
    This thread is a perfect example of what happens when you rank #1 for a search!! Even a keyword with only 2,300 results can generate visitors!!!!!!

Nintendo, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  11. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i guess the same :p

infact this happens in paymet section also :D lot of newbies comes and creates or reply currency exchanges :eek:

chandan123, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  12. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow quite crazy its like the Globat stinks thread.

Stroh, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  13. andrewwise

andrewwise Peon

Best Answers:
    This is yet another warning to people to NEVER use your debit card for purchases online or in person.

With a credit card, you never actually paid the money, it's the credit cards that pay the merchant, and then you pay them back 30 days later.

So for any fradulent charges, as long as you catch them, you can always charge them back. American Express is the best with chargebacks, but of the 5 or so I've been involved with, I have never had to pay a dime on them.

I even had a $2,700 charge posted on my credit card, and I was able to fight that into collections.

andrewwise, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  14. Thriftychick

Thriftychick Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello my fellow Scamees!
    I too was charged from this company, but I noticed the day they charged me. I am very good with my money, and have perfect credit due to being obsessed with my online banking.
    I called the number that I found from someones post here (thank you), and I demanded they tell me where they received my billing information and proceeded to tell them I never signed up for anything, nor have I ever heard of this company in my life. They told me that I was signed up when I ordered the "Big City Slider" (love it) from a infomercial.
    I then told the operator that I never agreed to any of the 15 promotions they tried to offer me while I was ordering the "Slider" nor did I ever receive the "gas card" I was supposed to get for signing up with these scammers.
    Before the man could even say, "we will send that out for you" I said, "I dont want the card, I never did, and I want these charges removed and for all of my information to be removed from you system."
    The man was very nice, I will be receiving a refund in 1-2 days and I am off their list. I was given a confirmation number in case they have amnesia about the conversation.
    In closing, don't wait 2-3 months to call these people. Call at once, have them tell you how they got your information, and have them cancel it and refund your money. I am sure a lot of you are like me and have been signed up for things buying something online or from an infomercial. My only advice, is online banking and the patience to be put on hold. They will refund your money, but you cannot let too much time go buy or you will have a bigger pain trying to get it back.
    Good Luck!!

Thriftychick, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  15. PaulHolloway

PaulHolloway Peon

Best Answers:
    I was charged for something I never joined and it was what most of you are talking about. They charged me for $36.99 for something I didn't even join. I finally gave them a call. I was gonna wait to see if I was charged again but I decided to call them and give them a piece of my mind. They said I joined by going through Columbia House which is weird because I don't remember joining any club. I told them they charged me of something I was unaware of and they put me through some canceling room and gave me a cancel confirmation code. They said I will not be billed again and get reimbursed after two billing cycles. I will believe that when I see it.

TLG*GREAT FUN 1513 800-290-8603 CT TLG*GREAT DDA PUR

PaulHolloway, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  16. nthakur

nthakur Peon

Best Answers:
    me too with $8.99, I called my credit card company and got the contact info for TLG*Greatfn i.e. 1-866-630-1504. and after a long wait on IVR a sweet lady answered the phone and clarified it was priceline site which made me to click on the pop from TLG*Greatfn. I requested her to cancel my Membership ASAP, so she did with an acknowledgement number. and also she assured amount($8.99) will be credited back in 7-10 business days .... lets see

nthakur, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  17. naadij

naadij Peon

Best Answers:
    And so I join the ranks of countless others being scammed by these people...

I too got the TLG*GREATFN message in my credit card statement for $11.99.
    I called my credit card company (Chase) and had them put a block on any
    transactions from this "company". Then I called the 1800 number posted on this thread.
    They told me that I supposedly agreed to this "service" when I signed up for PRICELINE.COM
    to buy airline tickets. I argued with them for a while about refunding me my money and
    canceling my supposed account with them. They did not want to do it until I mentioned
    that I was going to call the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and report them! Magically they
    agreed to refund me and cancel this service. I'm surprised that this scam has been running for
    as long as it has.

naadij, Oct 2, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.