1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scam Alert To All Writer's

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Wordsmith, Nov 24, 2008.

1. prowriter

prowriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had tons of non-payers through GAF and even Elance, sadly I am too trusting and need to change my policy about "waiting for escrow" I almost always start the work while they "get the funds together" only to be wasting my time. I have also had repeat clients stiff me. I had a client order ten articles a week for five weeks. He paid for the first two weeks and then I never heard from him again, even though he received four weeks worth of articles.

GAF pisses me off on so many levels. So many people under bid jobs there and do such a crappy job. Now when I bid on jobs I let the buyer know that I may not be the cheapest but at least they would be getting usable copy. If I get a reply saying my bid is too high I tell them to holler at me when they need the articles rewritten :) Honestly, I don't know why I bother going there anymore, but my website doesn't generate alot of business so.... :l

I know what I am worth, I know what my work entails and I know that the companies that really want the articles to generate real leads will pay for it.

Trust is hard to have for complete strangers, but I look at it as a two way street and try to explain it that way to clients. 50% upfront, or all of it in a escrow system. That way you know your getting your articles and I know I am getting something for my time. Neither one of us is cheated or slighted.

It's funny, the ones that don't mind paying upfront are the ones I get the most money per article for.... Hmmmm....

prowriter, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  2. xtremenitro911

xtremenitro911 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty crappy. There are too many people out there that will rip you off when it comes to articles.

xtremenitro911, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  3. rahails

rahails Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate... Kudos.. You took up this issue and posted here. I am one of the guys who was bitten on guru.com. At that time, I already knew what happened and I managed to raise the alarm with guru.com authorities.

So I have a trick up my sleeve. I always write an article and pass it through Copyscape. Then do a print screen and take a screenshot of it. I send this to the client and ask him to pay instantly. This way, you have valid proof that the article was original and the client is a bloody scam

rahails, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  4. Ray Edwards

Ray Edwards Member

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty clever way to do it. Who say that you cna't fight back these
    scam artists?

-Ray Edwards

Ray Edwards, Jan 22, 2009 IP