1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scalable tiles on your website with app-like content.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Theodoa, May 20, 2015.

I am quite new to coding so please let me live if you think my question makes no sense :)
    So I was wondering if its possible and if yes how complicated it is, to have multiple tiles on a webpage which are all scalable and can be moved and also have an app-like content. So basically a similar setup as a Desktop with open programs, but in a webpage.
    I hope the question is clear, otherwise let me know!!

Cheers.

Theodoa, May 20, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible, but it will involve a bit of code - specifically, javascript, to achieve what you're asking. How complicated it will be depends a bit on what you want each container to contain, your skills, the amount of "other stuff" that has to be done, rescaling the content of the different containers depending on the size, etc. It can quickly be a rather complex project. In its basics, it's not that complicated, but it can quickly become complicated.

PoPSiCLe, May 20, 2015 IP
  3. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To echo @PoPSiCLe answer, yes, it is completely possible. I work for a UK company that is hundreds of miles away from my home using a web app on Firefox once we can only installed it on desktop. The problem is that the app may not be supported by all browsers. In my case, it's just working on Firefox.

ketting00, May 21, 2015 IP