1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Saudi Arabia Tries To Censor Canadian Television

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Nov 16, 2011.

1. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you didn't read the rest of the numbers instead of just pulling one and making some bold, inaccurate claim. Right after I stated the 11.7% I said it was the percentage of only the imported oil. That translates to 6.9% of total oil used. Trust me, the U.S. economy is not going to go into a depression from losing 6.9% of their total oil supply. Maybe that's a pipe dream you would like to see happen, I don't know, I'm not speculating as you obviously are.

As to the claims, I was referring to what they were saying on Sharia Law. It doesn't take a scholar to know that's part of what Sharia Law is all about. I've read enough about it and seen enough videos on the subject to know what it's all about. I would not call that a ridiculous claim.

sunfyre7896, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  2. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever the percentage, 400 million barrels are imported every year, rest assured you WILL suffer and at least go into a recession without it.

Heck, President Bush used to kiss King Abdullah on both cheeks, while Obama bows to him to mak.e sure the oil keeps on flowing. The US even have a military base in the Kingdom to keep the oil installations safe from terrorists. Why do you think Bush wanted to stay in Iraq? He wanted to prevent terrorists from using Iraqi oil as an economic weapon, yes he actually said that: "
    “We can’t tolerate a new terrorist state in the heart of the Middle East, with large oil reserves that could be used to fund its radical ambitions, or used to inflict economic damage on the West,” George W Moron Bush

What you can do is, gradually buy less and less Saudi oil (which is already happening), an immediate boycott is not possible, ofcourse you have to replace those 400 million barrels and get it from elsewhere. It won't achieve your objective of ending Sharia Law there, so its a bit of waste of time if you ask me.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Mikaël2, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  3. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that sounds like a lot, but when you consider that 4.4 billion barrels are imported every year, it's not as much as it seems. That's 4,400,000,000 barrels per year. Then there's the other 3 billion, 50 million we drill ourselves for a total of 7.45 billion barrels in all. Again, the 400 million barrels only accounts for 6.9% of the total oil we use.

The only way that the lack of this would cause a recession is if the speculators suddenly freaked out and caused a ripple effect through the stock market, which most likely wouldn't happen to that extent. Just the physical lacking of that amount would only drive our gas prices up a decent amount, but unlike Saudi Arabia that has a predominance of their economy based on oil, the U.S.'s is not. Therefore, this alone would not cause a depression or big recession in and of itself.

sunfyre7896, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  4. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    That's precisely what would happen.

Mikaël2, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    People wont be able to drive their big trucks and SUVs, They will be forced to drive their small sedans to commute. They will probably have to learn how to drive efficiently to save some gas, that's the worse can happen if you lose 7% of your total supply. Ohh the horror!!!!!!!

Honestly, some people start jerking off on the tiniest thought of US going all doom and gloom!

The Webby, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  6. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    You wrongly assume oil goes into vehicles only, it goes in everything, food, drink, medicine, the computer you are using right now, you name it.

Looking at your posting history, you seem to be from India, you probably rely on the US dollar, I understand a recession would be catastrophic for you.

Be grateful OPEC is not putting an embargo on the US, similar to the embargo in 1973 that successfully send them to a recession.

Adios.

Mikaël2, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  7. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    And your wishful thinking is 7% of total means a lot to send a country into recession. Even if there are multiple sources who will happily jump to fill that gap.

Of course working online, USD is the primary currency I accept. What's your point though?

And honestly, I don't know how people have so much time in hand to go through someone's posting history.. Seems like recession or no recession some people will have trouble finding a job..

8. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    [/QUOTE]

It happened before, it can happen again, get over it.

Mikaël2, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  9. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:

LOL.. Dragging US into a thread about pathetic Saudi Arabian attempt to censor Canadian ad and asking me to get over it.. LMFAO

Ahh, people and their wet dreams..

10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't wait for the oil to become to expensive in @15 years , it will be so good when terrorists run out of money , then they're gonna star yelling about equal rights and giving money to poor . Epic lulz that will be .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  11. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    You cant wait to pay more for oil? That's odd, most people would like oil prices to come down.

Mikaël2, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  12. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it reminds me of that commercial where they put gasoline in every appliance and computer. I always love my meat and potatoes covered in that new, tasty petroleum sauce. That wouldn't make me sick at all, no. Neither would petroleum iced tea, the new flavor from Snapple. And everyone make sure you don't forget get your computer's oil changed every 3 months or 10 billion cycles, whichever comes first.

Well seeing as a huge spike in oil, which means gas going through the roof, it would force more people to carpool, buy hybrids, electric cars, or any other alternative source for their vehicles. For people that think that the U.S. and the world will continue to rely completely on oil out of the ground, keep dreaming. The U.S.' consumption is slowly beginning to go down with hybrids being full scale on the car market. I'm not sure what all of the terrorists and oppressive regimes in oil producing countries are going to do then. Maybe try their hands at agriculture or construction.

sunfyre7896, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  13. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    They don't cover potatoes it with petroleum, but they use machinery (that use petrol) to process the potatoes in the factory, put in them in bags or whatever, and then its transported by vehicles (that run on petrol) to your local store, the you pick it up using your car (that runs on petrol), so yes oil does (indirectly) go into potatoes, and pretty much everything you can think of, and the price of oil effects prices of everything else.

And instant big profits for the oil sellers.

Mikaël2, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  14. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously you didn't get the whole point of that so I'll elaborate. They may get a spike in income for a short period of time, but that will lead to everyone going to hybrids and electric cars and who knows what else we'll develop as a viable source of fuel to use in vehicles. This will cause the U.S. to ween off every drop of oil we buy from foreign sources. Other countries that are democratic and have decent economies will begin to do the same.

As far as the petroleum that we'll use in machinery and plastics, what we drill will more than accomplish that in addition to all of the recycling we are doing with plastics now, along with other materials. It's not IF, but WHEN we're getting off foreign oil ALTOGETHER. That will definitely happen well within our life times. I'm guessing within 20/25 years at most if not sooner. When the Saudis realize that most of their income is fading, they're going to have to turn to something else to fund their countries. Either agriculture or theft until they can get an infrastructure capable of handling massive amounts of industry in other sectors.

sunfyre7896, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  15. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    They survived on milk and dates before the oil, they will survive on milk and dates after the oil. Although I don't think they will return to those times, billions have been invested infrastructure, new cities and industries, they will probably irrigate the desert using solar power (they have a lot of sun) and eat their own home grown food.

Mikaël2, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  16. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Censorship leads to bad things.

Install, Dec 29, 2011 IP
    sunfyre7896 likes this.
  17. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not referring to survival. I'm referring to GNP. What will they do to make money for the country on a large scale? It seems like agriculture is the way to go if they can find a way to irrigate large swaths of desert. Then they can export their crops to make money to run the country. This is unless, they can find another way to make money in another sector such as manufacturing and industry of some sort.

sunfyre7896, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  18. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Export products just like any other country, there's so many things they could do, the list is endless.

Mikaël2, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  19. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Export what? Sand? Dates? Camel dung?

The Webby, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  20. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    You are an excellent example of a hater. While you keep dreaming about Saudi's in poverty, they are sitting on their thrones drinking the finest tea, don't you have anything else to do but hate on others?

Mikaël2, Dec 29, 2011 IP