1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Saudi Arabia Tries To Censor Canadian Television

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Nov 16, 2011.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why they made a Christmas Song for Jews.

[video=youtube;z8LmMtScH3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LmMtScH3g[/video]

popotalk, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Exactly.

I'm not sure if I would refer to your statements in this thread as arguments. Normally, I would view an argument as an attempt to persuade using facts and reasoning. Let's recap what your "arguments" have consisted of:

So, here you are arguing women are basically kept as prisoners, but it's actually okay because the warden may allow them out from time to time, if they determine it's appropriate, and with the proper supervision.

Here you are arguing the testimony of a woman is only worth half a man's. Your justification is based on a false assumption, that women are inherently forgetful. Actually, we are all just human beings. There are men I've known that have a better memory than I, and some that seem to be more forgetful. Just for kicks, I looked it up. Here is a scientific study that suggests women appear to have a better memory overall. However, I would say it's all very individually based, not really a matter of whether we're male and female. And, certainly, it would be abhorrent to devalue the legal testimony of anyone based solely on their sex.

I'll assume this belief is based on your primitive little book saying so.

Here's your so-called arguments for spitting and beating. Ironic, I was just thinking, I have much higher standards in how I treat my dog, than the way in which you plan to treat your future wife.

^ That's such bullshit.

Rebecca, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  3. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    What was ethicaloil.org thinking? We are dependant on Saudi oil, we cant do without it, its what makes the world go round.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Mikaël2, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Was that suppose to be an irony or is your IQ level trough the floor ?

1st off the US is not really depended on SA oil , they only get 15% from there .
    2nd You're in the UK you barely import any oil from SA
    3rd We don't really need them since there are quit a bit of alternatives , it's just that SA controls the OPEC puppet and the Islam so good luck trying to move against them . Or do you think they're pouring money into mosques out of generosity ?

ApocalypseXL, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    It's more like what is Saudi Arabia thinking, not all countries are run by brainless sexist monkeys.

The Webby, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  6. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    15% is quite a lot actually, if they was not dependant they wouldn't buy oil from them, but they do. Why buy oil from your enemy? It don't make sense.

If the US goes down, the whole world feels it.

They were trying to censor an ad that was telling untruths to the Canadian public.

Mikaël2, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Because the SA is not an official enemy and because they wield a lot of power that's why .

8. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, we get a combined 15% from the entire Middle East and not just Saudi Arabia so that indeed is not that much. As more sources of alternative energy are invented and implemented, the less we'll have to get from outside of our own drilling altogether.

How is pointing out the lunacy and reality of Sharia law telling an untruth? Whatsoever? . . . If you show an injustice for what it is without doctoring the footage, how is that an untruth? What this really is is anger by the Saudis and all those in support of Sharia law rising up and stating that somehow people that disagree with it are only misguided or are wrong entirely. As I stated before, all people should be equal, so in that premise, I would love to see the men who abuse this system get treated like that for a few months and see if their attitude changes. Oh but wait, I forgot, men are a step "above" women so that would be pointless. Pardon me while I LOL.

sunfyre7896, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  9. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is correct, who told you this?

The guy behind ethicaloil.org is promoting the ideas from a book written by Ezra Levant, a known propagandist with his own agenda. The ad they produced is promoting what they call "ethical oil", when there's no such thing as ethical oil, all oil is bad for our environment, ESPECIALLY the kind of oil they are promoting (tar oil sands), not too long ago "1,252 people" got arrested for being against government plans to build a pipeline that transports Canadian tar sands oil to the US, so this oil is not exactly "ethical" is it?

Even if you buy Canadian oil and boycott Saudi oil, does that mean Saudi Arabia will change into a liberal democracy? No. There's plenty of oil buyers out there to who will continue to purchase oil from Saudi Arabia, like China for example.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Mikaël2, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    It's about what you do not what others do , if you stop using SA oil it won't make them poor but your hand won't have any Sharia blood on them .

11. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Canada, Canadian soil, Canadian TV, Canadian Company, Canadian public.. Saudi Arabia has no fucking business trying to censor ads in Canada.

The Webby, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  12. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    "
    Advertisements must not contain inaccurate or deceptive claims, statements, illustrations or representations, either direct or implied, with regard to a product or service. In assessing the truthfulness and accuracy of a message, the concern is not with the intent of the sender or precise legality of the presentation. Rather, the focus is on the message as received or perceived, i.e. the general impression conveyed by the advertisement." -
    http://www.adstandards.com/en/standards/the14Clauses.aspx

If you are going to put an ad up, you must follow the rules, or risk having it taken off air, the Kingdom has every right to send out a cease and desist letter to demand ethicaloil.org to stop running the ad or face legal action.

ktxbai

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    Mikaël2, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  13. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    And there is nothing inaccurate or deceptive claims about the product..

kthnxbaifo

14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Their filthy religious book is exactly the same as your bible, the only difference is that in western countries some intelligent people saved you from yourself by removing the religion from the matters related to state.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    gworld, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  15. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    They re-brand harmful to the environment oil sands as "ethical oil", so yes they are making inaccurate claims.

Furthermore "
    Advertisements must not, unfairly, discredit, disparage or attack other products, services, advertisements or companies, or exaggerate the nature or importance of competitive differences."
    . If it was me I'd take them to court and make sure they get a fine they cant afford.

Mikaël2, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  16. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
  17. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Mikaël2, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  18. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a link that shows that we only get 11.7% of our imported oil from Saudi Arabia. That means that it's only about 7% of our total oil because 11.7% is just the oil that is imported and doesn't take into account oil we drill ourselves. Therefore, Saudi oil only represents 7% of our total oil, not much if you ask me. This is a proven fact. Link to Statistics

Agenda aside. Pointing out the barbarism of Sharia law is not an untruth, nor a lie. You're going to defend it because you stand up for that sort of behavior of treating women as second class citizens with very few rights. I'm going to defend my democratic neighbor that allows women to be equal under the law and in society. Do you see a difference here?

And how is it wrong to point out some injustice in the world. They're just basically stating that if you buy Saudi oil, you support a regime that condones the violence against women who are considered 2nd class citizens. You're never going to understand this because you were probably indoctrinated that that form of behavior was acceptable. These claims are not inaccurate, nor deceptive. They are showing a current practice that truly exists. To me that's called a fact.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    sunfyre7896, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  19. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Take that 11.7% away over night and you go into a depression. The Saudi's along with the OPEC cartel control most of the worlds oil, lets be grateful they are not charging us 500 dollars a barrel.
    Did you double check the claims made on the advertisement or do believe anything you are told?

Mikaël2, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  20. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you Saudi Arabian?

The Webby, Dec 21, 2011 IP