1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sandbox?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danpadams, Feb 25, 2005.

I have read much talk of the infamous Sandbox with Google, but I was curious is there an easy way to check if a specific site is in the Sandbox, and when that site might be able to come out?

Dan

danpadams, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  2. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it is best to asume that you are in the sandbox if...

You are targeting highly searched for KW and if your site is not at least 6 to 9 months old.

HansV, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  3. danpadams

danpadams Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried targeting spefic serch words at all. I usually go based on the words that google and others find in my sites. That is why I am wondering if there is a search tool in google that will tell me if one of my sites is in its sandbox. Mine usually seem to start out well with google and the others, but I wanted to check. Usually I assume that if the genuine content in the page makes it look good on google then it is good.

Dan

4. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not offer any such tool, and from what i've been able to find, there isn't one out there. From what i've been able to find, no one knows how to know if you're there, or how long it lasts.

which bites might i add :)

wendydettmer, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  5. danpadams

danpadams Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is now official way to check if you are in a sandbox for a specific site, is there an official word from Google somewhere that this sandbox thing exists?

I am not trying to diss the idea of a sandbox, but it usually has seemed that my sites get started with Google quickly, and as time goes on it improves and gets much better, there isn't a point that one day things magically just improve overnight.

Dan

6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way that Google are going to discuss specific elements in that degree of detail. If Google were to have a sandbox checker, then the first thing that would happen is that everyone with any brain would use it to oblivion until it kicked in. At that point they will then know what trips the sandbox filter, and it will become worthless from that point on.

The sandbox is not a place or anything, it is just a slang word for an element of the Google ranking algorithm that acts as a control filter to prevent spammers from using throwaway domains that they can transfer instantly in a heartbeat when they get banned.

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  7. danpadams

danpadams Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess this all makes sense. I guess I have no need to worry about it partly becuase a desire of mine, partly dealing mainly with Christian sites, is that I only desire to have the search engines grab true words out of the website. As a result there aren't any specific keywords I am trying to push more than other words on the site. I realize this may not be the most productive way of running a website business, but it certainly honest. At the same time it keeps me safe with most SEs that I have dealt with. Any thoughts on this way of doing things?