1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sample Scripts

Discussion in 'C#' started by ludwig, Aug 17, 2006.

Hi guys,

Lately I have added a forum to my company's website. I have a section there where I gather sample ASP scripts:
    http://www.deluxe.am/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5

It helps me to help others when they need a script and I have it over there.

Could you please help me fill the topics and have there much more info

Thank you in advance

ludwig, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the scripts! - I always wanted to make a "snippet" library directly accessible in Firefox. I wonder if theirs an extension out there that does that...

ccoonen, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  3. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    as I see noone is interested in helping, all of you guys just want to grab the scripts, I can see how much the traffic has grown, but noone posting something for helping other fellow programmer

that is really disappointing for me

ludwig, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  4. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    no man, i think it's a great idea. i'll contribute some scripts when i get a chance - let me dig up a few i keep on hand. no need to re-invent the wheel i always say :)

by the way that's a pretty awesome random PW generator. I'm going to have to tear that apart and examine it a little more closely - true random numbers are very difficult to achieve. this one seems to do a pretty good job though. True random is somewhat of a hobby of mine - my buddy and i are always researching and talking about it. There was a really interesting article i read a while back (can't remember how i came across it) where some guys were converting video static to binary code and creating a random seed based on that - pretty cool stuff.

The thing i find interesting is that your random generator doesn't look to system time to get it's "random" seed, which is something you often find in random number generators. very cool indeed.

vg

vectorgraphx, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  5. ccoonen

Best Answers:
    Name the kind of script you want - and we'll build it just for you and post it :)

ccoonen, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  6. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ccoonen
    thanks for offer, but I don't want you guys to spend a lot of time, just a few seconds to put some ready made and tested scripts, just as I did. I didn't write any of them but put those that you can't easily find

hi my friend VG
    Thanks for being of favour of what is there. I try to put all the best, well, whatever best I find, as you see there is a sample for the onClick event also :)

THe things I look for is ASP upload and image maintenance on the server (change height width relatively, etc.)

There are no specific guidlines on what to put there, but what you think others may need

thank you guys

ludwig, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    are you talking about the referrer tracker i gave you a few weeks ago? i didn't see it up on there - which post is it under? maybe i'm just not seeing it - i will admit that yes, it's early and i probably DO need more coffee lol

VG

vectorgraphx, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  8. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I take a look and see, currently I am at the office and need to get to my friend soon. If it will not be posted I'll post it there :)

ludwig, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  9. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's there now, I thought I put it there before :(

ludwig, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  10. ccoonen

Best Answers:
    free pure ASP upload scripts are everywhere - but image management is not doable with pure asp (Classic asp that is). You will need to build a COM obj or use .net (which has a very easy/nice way to manage/manipulate imgs on the fly)

ccoonen, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  11. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes I know, but which one is the best, how to do it. I remember once I tried to use the Dundas uploader and never succeeded.

What I wanna have there is guidelines to tested scripts so that even the starter programmer goes there and reads and then he is able to do it on his/her own

ludwig, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  12. ccoonen

Best Answers:
    send me an email (via the form on my site - located in my sig) tommorrow morning/afternoon while I'm at work - and I'll send you the uploader that I always use in every pure asp project. Works like a charm, and very easy :)

ccoonen, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  13. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just did,

Will wait for your kind response

ludwig, Aug 23, 2006 IP