1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Same login for multiple sites and inner join issues

Discussion in 'C#' started by suraj_ajax, Dec 9, 2008.

Hi

I manage 3 sites for one of my clients . Each of them driven by separate MS SQL Database , but are hosted on a same dedicated server. All the sites are running on Classic ASP.

Now i need to design an application login interface , where user registered on site A can also singn into Site B and similarly to Site C and viceversa ..

Now since 3 sites are on same server , i could have easily done that just by changing db name during login verification and authenticate the user . Now the real issue is that ..

Suppose a user submits some comments or say an article on Site B , but he is orginially registered on Site A (Db) , now how can at the time of displaying the submitting content i do inner join among different db , so that i get the desired output along with poster and content which are residing on 2 different dbs

One of my friend suggested merging the 3 dbs.. but i dont think thats a gud idea.. that will be impacting the performance and would increase the database size uneccsarily .

can give me a clue ... on how this can be done ..

Regards
    Suraj jain

suraj_ajax, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  2. tihomir_wwf

tihomir_wwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, I'd suggest you to create a new db where you'll add the new tables for the registrations.

tihomir_wwf, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  3. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Store the user name of the commenter along with the actual comment so that you don't have to join

vihutuo, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  4. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    merge the database is the most robust way of doing it

Notting, Dec 23, 2008 IP