1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Same Google Serps, Huge Drop in Traffic

Discussion in 'SEO' started by tlainevool, May 30, 2008.

1. workathomeshop

workathomeshop Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea why the drop for your site. For me the past week I have seen a huge increase from google traffic.

workathomeshop, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  2. vishenda

vishenda Peon

Best Answers:
    oh wow huge drop:eek: have you checked your Google Webmasters Tools for potential porblems?

vishenda, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  3. deleted

deleted Banned

Best Answers:
    what tools are you using! I'm using awstat and google analytics. I got an increase of traffics in awstat but not in analytics. about 400 down to analytics and 300-500 up in awstat! What should I believe?

deleted, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  4. lijgeo

lijgeo Banned

Best Answers:
    hi my traffic gone again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SERP same!!!!!!!!!!!

lijgeo, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  5. tidbits

tidbits Peon

Best Answers:
    My traffic disappeared on May 15th, came back on May 18th and then left again on the 19th of May never to be seen again. My page rank has remained the same.

I don't know what Google is doing, but boy oh boy it sure is affecting things with my sites. The worst of it is that they don't owe anyone an explanation. They do what they want and the rest of us have to deal with the fall out.

tidbits, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  6. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm, it seems my traffic came back for two days at about the same level as before, but is gone again today. Has been the same SERPS all along, the traffic from Google just changes. I'm still trying to figure this all out. Two different websites have the same pattern, two others in the same niche showed no drop.

So, there was a dip in traffic from Google May 29th - June 1st. Traffic was back to normal June 2nd - 4th. And now on the 5th it is gone again. Any one else have the same pattern?

tlainevool, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  7. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I finally figured out what happened. My sites were hacked. The hacker was a little sneaky, because he only redirected traffic from search engines, and only if there was no cookie from my site already set, so I never noticed anything was wrong, until I started inspecting my Wordpress code.

Now I know I need to make sure to upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress more quickly. It was on my to do list, but I hadn't gotten around to it.

If you do have an older version of Wordpress, you should check your wp-blog-header.php file to make sure it hasn't been messed with.

tlainevool, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  8. lijgeo

lijgeo Banned

Best Answers:
    my headre is like as follows . Ny problem there?

lijgeo, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  9. lijgeo

lijgeo Banned

Best Answers:
    OMG !!!

MY WORDPRESS HACKED!!

HACKER REDIRECTED TO HIS OWN SITE < WHEN CLICKING FROM A PC WHERE COOKIE IS NOT SET !!

I JUST FIXED IT!!

its redirecting to anyresults.net

whois info of that domain .

Administrative Contact:
    N/A
    Doren Arnold ()
    96 Mowat Ave
    Toronto
    3553,M6K 3M1
    US
    Tel. +1.416545545

what should we do . where to report ? i think we should unite and give an appeal to his host !

see

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=874041

also check

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/179395?replies=2#post-770581

lijgeo, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  10. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    LoriVa, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  11. ekalvi

ekalvi Peon

Best Answers:
    We've been experiencing the same problems described in this thread. We saw a 10% drop in Google search traffic starting May 28th, although we were seeing steady improvements in SERPs according to the keyword tool.

We had recently changed our nameservers (early May) to DNS Made Easy, and we think that our problem may be connected with DNS resolution. Anyone else here using DNS Made Easy with the same problem?

It would explain our otherwise inexplicable drop in traffic. We've switched back to GoDaddy today, and we're waiting to see if that has an effect. I'll post any results I find.

ekalvi, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  12. topforeignstocks

topforeignstocks Peon

Best Answers:
    has also seen a large drop in google traffic. I will check my WP and report back.

topforeignstocks, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  13. HoGaN

HoGaN Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't know why google doing this, My Site Traffic also Reduce 5000 to 400. Its all Killing my all Earning .. My Earning come 20$ per day to 1$ per day .. Please Help me Toooooooooo on this Problem ....

HoGaN, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  14. kael21

kael21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone seing a drop in traffic from Google and others, are you all using Google Analytics to view this?

I was hit with the same June 4 problem - traffic dropped from 150 visitors a day down to 4.

This didn't make sense as the people registering at my site were greater than the amount of Google traffic.

I haven't seen a drop in revenue, only drop in Google traffic.

My SERP in Google are the same.

I did some testing and realized the older Google analytic code is reporting these low traffic numbers. When I benchmarked against adding in the new Google analytics code (they have two codes you can use), the traffic numbers reported are back up.

So I ask...is it really a drop in your SERP...or is it everyone is using the Old Google Analytics code that google may have updated on June 4th resulting in this low traffic numbers?

test this theory...it worked for me....comments/thoughts?

kael21, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  15. bradley12

bradley12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone still reading this thread? Recently, traffic to my blog has dropped 75%. Many terms that I used to rank for have suddenly been dropped from high positions in the serps. How do I fix this? Is there anything I can do?

bradley12, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  16. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well there was no one reading it - because it was old and useless .... but now you bumped it - it is now being read ....

~~~~~~

Update your pages, create more pages, get more links to those pages, etc. etc.

thsadmin, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  17. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i know this thread is a bit old but my traffic just about died. these past few days i dont know what happened my serps are the same.

indyguidedotinfo, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  18. lijgeo

lijgeo Banned

Best Answers:
    I sugest you go through the thread from beginnning and check your wordpre installation .

lijgeo, Nov 14, 2008 IP
    indyguidedotinfo likes this.
  19. beloed

beloed Peon

Best Answers:
    Create more good content..

beloed, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  20. Varsys Inc.

Varsys Inc. Peon

Best Answers:
    After changing the content, WP should be upgraded to the newest version. Otherwise, it may happen again. Good luck.

Varsys Inc., Dec 8, 2008 IP