1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sales Letters: Splitting into 2 pages?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Seannal, Aug 10, 2006.

Hey guys,

Alright, so this is my website: www.musclegaintruth.com

Given that...

1) Although the page is very long, I feel that everything I wrote needs to be said.

2) The page takes a long time to load. (people with slower connections will probably bail out)....in addition, some may be intimidated by the size of the page.

Does it make any sense to split the sales letter up into 2 pages?

Has anyone tried this?

I very rarely see 2 page sales letters and I figure it's probably for a reason.

Any thoughts?

Seannal, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  2. glennhefley

glennhefley Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy $#%! Batman

yeah... um.. probably want to work that into 2 or 17 pages.

Long sales sheets are good, but that is ... well... wow, that's long.

I know that you are probably emulating this style of sell sheet because you have seen it used a great deal on the web (I know I see them all the time), but seriously, how many did your read through (as a prospective buyer, not looking for ideas), and how many really "sold" you?

I call this style "carnival hawking" which isn't bad at the carnival, but not so good for dietary products.

Have you aquired any email addresses from that pop-up?

Something you might want to check is your bounce rate as well. Bounce rate is how many people are hitting your web page and leaving in under ten seconds. I'm going to go out on a limb as guess that you probably have a 60 to 70 percent bounce rate. Most pages like this that I've been hired to work with, have that rate when I arrive.

glennhefley, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  3. shashe

shashe Peon

Best Answers:
    Although it is long, I think that if someone is interested in body building, it is so well laid out and broken up and full of information and well written - it tells a story - that the article would more than hold their interest.

shashe, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  4. Seannal

Seannal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies... you both outlined my exact thoughts on both sides of the argument. I was thinking... on one hand, it IS extremely long...but on the other hand, I think my copy is pretty well laid out and well written, so if anyone IS interested they'll stay and read regardless of the length.

However...

My bounce rate is about 80%. I had just assumed that this was typical of web surfers to come and then leave right away, but now I'm thinking it's because people with slower connections are simply bailing out. If that's the case then I'm missing out on a huge portion of potential sales.

I'm going to experiment by splitting it into 3 pages. I realized that there are 3 distinct phases of my copy... the "attention grabbing/emotion stirring" initial phase... the actual product introduction/description... and then the "closing of the deal" section.

I'll let you guys know how that goes.

I've been reluctant to try it up to this point because my thoughts where that "no one else is doing this, so why should I?"

In any case, I'm gonna give it a whirl. My conversion rate is around 1% right now, so we'll see if that improves.

PS. My optin % is around 8% using that popupbox and the window a bit lower on the page.

Seannal, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  5. shashe

shashe Peon

Best Answers:
    I think typical conversion rate is 1.5%

shashe, Aug 12, 2006 IP