1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Running an Ad campaign on Twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by morgan_artist, Sep 8, 2016.

hi... I started using Twitter to promote my business last October to a good deal of success in terms of followers, response, feedback, views and some sales leads.

I have not yet done an ad campaign, and I am considering doing my first one now. Does anyone have any advice about the do's and don'ts of running an ad campaign on Twitter.

I understand that Twitter charge a fee per click and this can amount to anything up to $3 per click... and considering that I now have over 40,000 followers, it could amount to a hell of a lot of $$ with not a lot of return.

Any advice for a newbie?

cheers

morgan_artist, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  2. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. First of all, you can choose if Twitter will show your ads to your audience or not. Also, Twitter doesn't necessarily charge per click, it can be also per view. The best advice I can give you is to set an objective (website visitors, followers, likes, shares), if you know what you want your ad to achieve, you will have it easier to build a strategy around the objective. My second tip is to get your customer profile up to date. How does your ideal customer look like, what do they like, where would you reach them. What profiles are they following? Which hashtags are they using? The more you know the better your targeting. Once you know what you want the people to do with your ad, you have to set it up. To be honest, in order to get comfortable with it, you should maybe play around with the platform. Set up some drafts, play around with the settings and the targeting. See how the platform works. If you know what kind of information Twitter needs, it will be easier for you to prepare everything you need. Just make sure you don't click the "run ad".

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How is their paid traffic? I get quite a bit of free traffic from there, but it's not targeted (from what I can tell). I've got long term customers from there too doing it the free way, but the amount of work that it takes, it's not something I want to keep doing. So, is their paid traffic considerably more targeted?

qwikad.com, Sep 16, 2016 IP
    And_The-Teddy_Bach likes this.
  4. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how you target. I prefer to target competitors, industry related magazines, and influencers. Twitter allows you to target the followers of the profiles you add to the targeting option. If those people do a great job in accumulating a solid targeted following, you can easily reach those people with a targeted ad. But I agree with you, organic traffic is very possible and also not that hard to get if done right.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Sep 22, 2016 IP