1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ruby on Rails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by slickricky, Jan 20, 2008.

Anyone around here use Ruby. I'd like to get started with it, but I can't get past the install. I have a managed dedicated server, and they installed it for me. Now I don't know how to just get a ruby page to show up in a browser and edit it. Here's an example: http://ruby.collegerecruiter.com/

But if you click "About your applications environment" it says its not even started.

I'm just lost. Any help would be appreciated.

slickricky, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. redvok

redvok Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its question to your hosting, but not to rails professionals. I'm experienced ROR developer and can help you in any question related to ROR but not in this.

redvok, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  3. hostchart01

hostchart01 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have problems with your host setting it up correctly let me know. I know several hosting companies that host many RoR's sites and they have a lot of experience installing it and setting it up.

Best Regards,

hostchart01, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  4. slickricky

slickricky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think I might try out a host with RoR's. The language sounds very interesting to me, so if you have a cheap host that I could use just for testing that would be great.

slickricky, Jan 23, 2008 IP