1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ruby on Rails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by GWebSol_Online, May 25, 2009.

Hello

Can anyone tell me about ruby on rails?

Regards
    GOnline

GWebSol_Online, May 25, 2009 IP
  2. nomzz

nomzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell you very little because i am starter in that but what you wana know about that?

P.S i am looking for some one to install one script in ruby on rails

nomzz, May 25, 2009 IP
  3. felluahill

felluahill Peon

Best Answers:
    Ruby On Rails (ROR) is a web framework built upon the Ruby programming language. The design of the ROR framework is very unique, has been copied across almost every language in existence (CakePHP, Django, etc.). ROR has basically set a new design pattern for web frameworks.

The framework itself is very clean and easy to use. It focuses around OOP and MVC patterns to create a very organized system. It includes useful tools like scaffolding, data hiding, etc.

The #1 problem with ROR is that it's THE slowest system on the web. PHP, Perl, Python, etc. all beat it on speeds. It's not ROR that is at fault, but the Ruby interpreter. Ruby has always been incredibly slow and thus ROR takes a huge hit by this fact.

I've used ROR and I personally love the framework, just can't stand the speeds.

felluahill, May 25, 2009 IP
  4. nomzz

nomzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well regards to Speed from new perspective of deployment there are many tweaks and server implementation which is far much better then before ... As far slow its not that much slow, in some case .net and java are much more slower than any language.

I personaly love Java and RoR

nomzz, Jun 1, 2009 IP