1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS redirect from 0.91 to 2.0

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by steveeyes, Dec 1, 2005.

My first XML document was for RSS version 0.91 (I used greymatter). I had many people subscribe to this RSS feed.

About a year later, I started using WordPress. It uses RSS 2.0.

I'm moving all the articles that was written for my RSS 0.91 to the RSS 2.0 xml file.

My question is, how do I redirect those who have already subscribed to my RSS 0.91 to my RSS 2.0 xml file. Otherwise, these subscribers are going to get nothing.

Is there some kind of code I can put in the RSS 0.91 xml file to redirect all subsribers to the new RSS 2.0 xml file or is this somehow done at my host.

I'm completely lost and any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

steveeyes, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  2. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows? Any rss experts?

thanks

steveeyes, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  3. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you could copy the xml file to be at both locations. I think a lot of readers do not follow redirects though, so that is why I say copy instead of a redirect solution. Another option is to convert the rss2.0 to 0.91 instead of just copying it.

jbw, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  4. garysims

garysims Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try feedburner they have an on-the-fly conversion service. You could use that to convert your 2.0 stream intor 0.91. However that might mean a URL change to use their service which might defeat your objectives!

garysims, Dec 2, 2005 IP