1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS feeds

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by igneous, Nov 11, 2005.

I was not accepted into adsense's program for rss advertising, but i am very anxious to use it. I don't want to change my rss feed, as I think its useful to my visitors, but I wonder if its drawing people away from visiting the site. I would make the rss more of a tease for the site, but my competitors dont do that, which would probably end up hurting me in the long run..ANyone else in a similar dilemma?

igneous, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    I just added an RSS feed to my site and was worried about the same thing. But after looking at the stats I have actually gained some website visitors just by having the RSS feed.

Don't forget that your RSS is indexed as well so your site will be picked up by search engines that would normally not index your site without RSS.

You could also try adding a Feedburner button and perhaps feedblitz which is an email list for your RSS.
    http://www.feedburner.com

You will be surprised that once you get some RSS readers they do convert to regular website visitors if your content is of interest.

Then all we have to do is wait until Google opens up RSS Adsense to the rest of us.

usedmac, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. igneous

igneous Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, thats the thing, I have definitely been getting more visitors since my rss feed. I am not sure if thats just because of word of mouth or what.

igneous, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  4. subigo

subigo Peon

Best Answers:
    lol... this is actually the exact topic I just posted about on my blog.

I found that RSS brings you new physical readers. Most of the people using RSS are doing so because they find you interesting, but they don't want to take the time to come to the site and see if there is anything new.

RSS helps spread the word about your site.

subigo, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  5. Xmember

Xmember Peon

Best Answers:
    how do your visitors use your rss feeds... is it other websites which show your headlines or is it through client side aggregators.

if it is through direct aggregators you dont have to worry about giving more information...

Xmember, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  6. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    It is actually both. I have the Feed headlines published on one other related site of mine. But most of the readers come from the client side.

usedmac, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  7. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that my readersship fluctruates alot. Is this normal?

ken123, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  8. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, my goes up and down almost daily.

usedmac, Nov 23, 2005 IP