1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS Feeds and Search Engines

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by GuyFromChicago, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Guy I'm pleased it is working well for you

However I have one problem:

When I go to addnew and enter everything works well until I hit the subscribe button and I get a

"Error opening the subscription list for writing !" which I have checked the permissions and seem to be correct.

Any clues? :)

Foxy, May 28, 2004 IP
  2. hergo

hergo Peon

Best Answers:
    I use magpierss.

I just modified a sample script that came with it and now include them into my php files. Works well.

hergo, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  3. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm perfect opportunity to plug a site of mine:

Check it out: news search engine, search for the news u desire, syndicate them in RSS 1, 2 and Atom formats.

:)

xml, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  4. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:

As far as resources try http://www.rss-specifications.com there are articles that detail displaying rss and creating rss feeds.
    If you display rss on your site using java it is unlikely that the search engines will see it as fresh content. Having a feed that contains your content will likely bring your traffic from other sources.
    HTH
    S. Housley
    NotePage, Inc.
    http://www.notepage.net

notepage, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  5. alai2

alai2 Peon

Best Answers:
    so, how does it work!
    RSS feeds really couldn't be simpler. They're basically simple text files that, once submitted to feed directories, will allow subscribers to see content within a very short time after it's updated (sometimes as short as 30 minutes or less; it's getting faster all the time).

This content can be aggregated to be viewed even more easily by using a feed reader. I've written up an article on the best feed readers out there. A feed reader, or feed aggregator, is just a really simple way to view all your feeds at one time via one interface

alai2, Mar 2, 2012 IP