1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS feed - feedburner - twitter Updating

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by ched, Apr 22, 2010.

I have created a validated RSS feed that gets updated once a day, I have created a feeedburner feed but I have a problem. The XML document is updated by a cron job each morning.

The RSS XML file is updated once each morning, feedburner does get the update as I can see it in 'Optimize' 'Your Feed' in Feedburner.
    The problem is although I have added my Twitter account details, twitter isnt publishing my updates!

One wierd thing is that my server is in CDT timezone and I am on GMT, so I correct the PubDate to be GMT. When I view 'Your Feed' in feedburner the time is out. The pubDate = Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:36:02 GMT but Feedburner says its 04/22/2010 02:36. I dont know if thats anything to do with the problem or not?

I have also tried TwitterFeed and that works first time but not after that.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

ched, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  2. ched

ched Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have sorted it!!! The test I was running was just posting the same item with an updated PubDate and the same link to the same page. If the links are unique then the posts work. So basically the items need to have different page links. So its nothing to do with time!!!

ched, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  3. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know how to fix phpld so it can post auto to Twitter?

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 13, 2010 IP