1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rosie the Riveter Wouldn't be Whining About This

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Jun 4, 2013.

I saw this article on ThinkProgress:
    thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/06/03/2093601/swiffer-rosie-the-riveter/

They wrote the article "Swiffer Appropriates Feminist Icon To Promote Mopping The Kitchen."
    I think a Rosie that went off to work in World War II was just doing what she felt she needed to do. Many were most likely "powerful" women. Yet, I admire women that choose to be a homemaker as well. I think they're every bit as "powerful." I don't have a problem with Swiffer using this picture at all. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think this protesting leaves a subtle message for homemakers, and not a very nice one.

Rebecca, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  2. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My grandma built b-17's during the war. She was a homemaker before and after that. These feminists are just thinking too much. That is usually the problem with liberals and these groups like "Think Progress". They always think too much. When you look at everything through the liberal microscope you are bound to find some kind of offense to some minority group. After all, the white male is out to get you and keep you a slave, right?

r3dt@rget, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any woman who hasn't abandoned the task of raising her children to our state run school system is clearly a traitor to the cause and needs to be disparaged in no uncertain terms. Ann Romney is such a woman. Self made women like Sarah Palin, who both raise children and have a career are even worse. Michelle Bachman, with five children of her own, and foster care for another 23, while first passing the bar, then working as a federal tax litigation attorney, then as a member of the house of representatives, might as well be the anti-christ.

No, for a woman to be appreciated by the modern day "progressive" movement, she needs to either be a childless or lesbian professional (Rachel Maddow), or a single woman working two jobs to make ends meet, taking advantage of state provided income assistance, food assistance, birth control, and abortion(see life of Julia). The simple act of getting married increase the chances she votes Republican to greater than 50%, which means she becomes the enemy.

Obamanation, Jun 5, 2013 IP
    Rebecca and r3dt@rget like this.