1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul surpasses $8 Million in donations!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Nov 11, 2007.

1. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the links guerillaguy, much appreciated:)

Waffle guy im starting to think maybe, just maybe we have some hope left with this guy.

pingpong123, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  2. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He can raise 100 million dollars and still won't be able to win.

soniqhost.com, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think he has a better chance of winning than raising 100 Million Dollars..

Mia, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First the nomination. Goldwater was able to get the nomination in '64, I like our chances.

guerilla, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I find it ironic that the OP notes the 8 mil mark being passed on Nov 11, yet today I hear that he raised 8 mil in his first 6 months, and then another 8 mil since October.. So which is it?

Anyone see the discrepancy here?

Mia, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  6. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No discrepancy. In Q2 & Q3 he raised around $8 million. His "first" 6 months. The FEC filings are done for these and can be viewed online.

Since then, he has raised $8 million in less than 6 weeks of Q4.

7. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well do you seriously think the amount of support he has as of November 14th, 2007 is the same support he had in the early months of his campaign in March/April? Look at the facts Mia; he draws gigantic crowds to his rallies, his online/straw/text poll results are amazing, his supporters are extremely politically active in their communities spreading his name and his message, the only thing that has been sub-par is his phone polls. I've explained why the polls are faulty in today's day and age, and it's the only piece of evidence that this revolution is not growing by leaps and bounds. Perhaps this should be another piece of evidence that his support is much more than the 4-7% he's accounted for in phone polls?

omgitsfletch, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Does anyone think that "Caveman" candidate on "Cavemen" last night was supposed to be mocking Ron Paul?

Mia, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paul's support is starting to rise. I predict at least one poll (maybe a state one) will have him at 10% by the beginning of December. There is a massive push on right now in Nevada, Iowa and New Hampshire.

10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know Wisconsin might not help at the moment, however more and more signs are popping up. Even in casual discussion the only ones who extremely do not like him are the few right wing republicans with their heads in the sand who still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11. Sound a bit familiar to the attitude on this forum?

GRIM, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  11. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    Ööörk...I just saw a post saying something like..he will not win, a wasted vote.

If you like what he is saying, please VOTE ON HIM! At least you're able to vote...some of just have to watch and hope for the best.

billion, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is the reason why so many underdogs never get a chance, so many people like them but believe there is no chance so they do not vote for them.

GRIM, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  13. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wisconsin is starting to pick up. I saw a couple ChipIns for advertising on the radio there.

I'm wondering when they will get out to a Packer game!

The reason why Wisconsin is not a big battleground right now is that it's primary isn't until Super Tuesday (Feb 19th ?). There are about 6 primary states before that, and how the candidates fare in the first 2 or 3 will determine if they go onward, and the results will help to shape perception about their campaigns.

That is why Paul is pushing so hard in NH, IA, NV, and SC. If he shows well, he could knock out Huckabee and Thompson.

14. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    It's crazy. People should not let media decide who will become president. Otherwise nothing will change. I'm located in Sweden and can't vote in the US election. At least you have one candidate to vote for. It's hard to find one here. They're all the same. :(

billion, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know why we aren't ;) I'm used to it by now :p

If they go to a packer game, for the love of god do NOT pronounce anything incorrectly! Remember Kerry's goof up?

GRIM, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  16. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is easier said than done unfortunately. We have a general public in this country that gets 80% of their information from television, and sense the media is trying hard to ignore or discredit Ron Paul, it makes it hard for him. But I still believe that Ron Paul can win, for the simple fact that he now has a lot of money, and he can use his money to force the mainstream media to show more of him, giving him more exposure to the American public.

tesla, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The problem in Wisconsin has always been the easily swayed by outsiders from Illinois (where the dead and the undead vote)... This and the fact that about 2/3 the populous seems to live in and around the pompous liberal inner city of Milwhacky!

I hear this year they will be giving out iPods for votes, intead of the usual underwear and cigarettes...

If RP is gonna stand a chance around here, he needs to concentrate on rural conservative counties like Walworth. However, like with anyone trying to get anything useful out of a Wisconsin voter, the honest voters are always trumped by the takers and the losers in this state...

Look at what Doyle has done in just a few short years to turn Wisconsin even bluer...

Hell, if RP can carry WI, even I would vote for him...

Mia, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  18. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    Agree. I think that all he need is a foot inside and people will open their hearts(and brains...). :)

billion, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I actually have a good feeling on RP being able to carry Wisconsin, that is if the right wing would stop bashing him as they have been.

People I have talked to who normally vote democrat like him, even republican voting people like him from what I have found. The only ones who appear not to like him are the extreme left and extreme right.

GRIM, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ironically the extreme left does not even like the left... Same could be said for the extreme right..

Mia, Nov 15, 2007 IP