1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul picks up Major Endorsement?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GTech, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Thank you debunked. Sadly, I don't believe any of them are interested in the "truth" of the matter. This is evidenced by the pack mob mentality of tossing out dishonest claims and hoping something will stick.

GTech, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well....if you do say something enough...

d16man, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sidenote:
    I am beginning to see why florida had so many problems when they voted, with omgitsfletch and guruseo it is easy to see how someone could be so confused they didn't know how to use a punch card.

debunked, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ?

Just because my choice of candidate bothers you doesn't reflect on my ability to choose a candidate on a voting ballot. You don't like who I'm picking, but I certainly have no trouble picking him. You need to look at all the elderly in Miami and the beach towns, they are the ones that make Florida such a clusterfuck. My town of Orlando is very young in comparison to the rest of the state.

omgitsfletch, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  5. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    there just mad because poor hucky is gonna drop out and there gonna cry like babies and continue to bash ron paul yet they claim ron paul supporters are so hateful and selfish! They should look in the mirror hahaha

killafawk, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  6. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Not just Huckabee, Guiliani too. Should be nice to see them both drop either shortly before or after Super Tuesday. Honestly, McCain and Romney are the two candidates I dislike the least, and in fact, I thought McCain was a good guy back in 2000. I wouldn't vote for either of them I don't think, but I'd at least feel a lot less bad in the worst case where either won the general election, should that event occur.

7. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    well to be honest no republican is gonna be in the white house in 08, its gonna be Obama or Clinton, but i think Obama has it which im fine with but I'd love to see Ron Paul in there but most people are already behind there candidates and Gtech is living proof how stubborn people can be from making smart decisions for future america. ;)

8. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Recent reports from an Orlando RP organizer who was coordinating canvassing city-wide stated that about 80% of people who were home were undecided on a candidate. That's crazy.

9. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Um, Huckabee is very likely going to be McCain's running mate. Those two are playing very nice together. So I don't know why anyone thinks there's an issue with him dropping out. If Huckabee had won, McCain would have been the VP choice but since McCain is looking to take it, Huckabee will most likely be the VP choice.

Romney seems to be good with money so he may get a job as well high up even if he doesn't get the nomination. While I wonder if Romney believes the constitution as far as it's translated correctly I do recognize he's a successful business person. So he may have something to offer the country. But I don't think his qualifications earn him the top position. He could certainly be an advisor.

Conservatives seem to hate McCain but they recognize the candidate also has to beat Hillary or Obama. So we'll see if ideals or strategy win out.

No Republican candidate likes Ron Paul so when he drops out, he'll be forgotten.

I was undecided until I voted. All I knew is that I wasn't voting for Ron Paul. "Undecided" typically means they don't know which of the top candidates they're going to vote for. Most Republicans have decided that they won't be voting for Ron Paul. Other than that, they don't know.

KalvinB, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  10. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    So you are concurring with what I said. Aside from Dick Cheney, the VP spot is historically a position of little importance and you're basically a figurehead, so yes, Huckabee dropping out to be a VP makes me happy because it means he won't be the President. You want to look at it as not dropping out, good for you.

11. GTech

Best Answers:
    I'm most pleased that ron paul will neither be President or Vice President, nor probably hold a political office again.

I'm also pleased that the poll we had recently showed that most RP supporters would bail back over to the liberal/democrat side when RP doesn't receive the nomination. A sure sign that most of them were not "conservatives," nor do they care about the "party."

GTech, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  12. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    nobody gives a shit about the party, thats how simple minded you are Gtech, it don't matter what party someone runs for, as long as they got the right mindset for america people should elect them, not because of their party affiliation. Your just a republican looney nut.

13. GTech

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Ron Paul disagrees. Over and over he has attempted to convince people he is a Republican, running in the Republican party as a libertarian, and during one debate, defended himself vigorously for being a Republican.

Your view greatly differs from your candidate, which isn't all that unusual.

GTech, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  14. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    your a dumb as a stump and huckabee has some sort of intelligence, which means you differ from your candidate which isn't all that unusual.

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit disappointed on that one, killa.

I'll be around for a while, if you'd like to try again.

GTech, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, there are some Clinton Democrats hiding in the Bush party now. :rolleyes:

I find it laughable that someone would claim Ron Paul is not a Republican. 20 years as a Republican, elected 10 times.

This is what Ronald Reagan said about libertarianism, which is not incompatible with being a Republican or a Democrat.

Reagan in 1975 from Reason magazine.

guerilla, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  17. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im surprised you got it in the first place! Good job, clap clap.

18. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    People fail to realize that true conversatism and libertarianism (little L) are not mutually exclusive, and in fact share many ideals in common. The party is irrelevant to me, and I would vote for Obama before any other Republican candidate, because I think with his new rise into American politics, and young age, he doesn't have the connections or the support to do much harm; certainly less than any of the other candidates. Note also that I probably wouldn't vote for Obama, but given the choice of any candidate from the two major parties besides Paul, he would be my choice.

Ron Paul appears to have done an excellent job convincing people he's a Republican (besides the fact that he IS), since his district still picks him over the objections of the Texas GOP, and the attacks from the Democrats also. They like the work he does, and I still so no reason that he won't "hold a political office" again; if anything, he's further secured his seat in his Congressional district. Also, I can't wait to see how Congress looks this November, or even 2 years from now: people are starting serious campaigns for Congress as "Ron Paul Republicans". This includes Murray Sabrin in New Jersey, Ted Terbolizard in California, among many others. GTech should be shitting his pants in fear of not just one Ron Paul, but 20 or 30 of him.

19. GTech

Best Answers:
    apparently guerilla disagrees with killafawk.

I find it laughable that someone would even remotely attempt to connect Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan.

Ron Paul has a long history of being the only dissenter in Republican votes. Republican? No, just hiding out in the party because he would have never been elected to office otherwise.

GTech, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you guys remember when Paul was one of only 4 (?) congressmen to endorse Reagan for President in 1976?

Of course, Ron's had good things to say about both Ron, and libertarianism.

IIRC, in 1996 Paul beat a neocon (former Democrat) endorsed by then Gov. GWB and Republican hero Newt Gingrich.

What I think is so great about Ron Paul is that he runs on the foreign policy of Mr. Republican, Senator Robert Taft, and the domestic policies of Barry Goldwater, Mr. Conservative. I mean, Barry Goldwater Jr. endorses Paul. That's amazing.

Compared to the other men on the stage at the debates, he's a Republican giant.

guerilla, Jan 25, 2008 IP