1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Romow Top Directory Down

Discussion in 'Directories' started by zehrila, Jul 27, 2011.

Does any one know how long it been down? the cache page reads last cache date is 21 July and the page it shows is all broken. Can any one inform the owner of directory to put it up? hate to see such a good directory go down.

zehrila, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  2. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HOW DARE U PLAY ANYTHING WITH ANYTHING CONCERNED WITH PETER YOU POISONOUS (JEHRILA :) ):(
    The site will be up very soon!! Might just be that his hostings is taking back-up!

jhnrang, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, nice way of saying zehrila. Why would you say that, is he evil or something?

Jin, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  4. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any word on Romow?

hotftuna, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  5. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of reasons the site could be down. Nothing to worry about unless it last more than a couple of days.

CanadianEh, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This directory is down and down for atleast 10 days, so if any one has contact with the owner, he should be pointed out with this problem.

Jin, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  7. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always considered romow one of the best directories under Yahoo, BOTW. I'm sure that the owner knows that it is down. I bet that someone in this forum knows why it's down and is not saying. That concerns me. I have listings in romow.

Who is John Galt?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    hotftuna, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  8. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The owner was abducted by aliens and the government is trying to cover it up. Shh. There are government agents on the forum.

CanadianEh, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  9. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there might be something personal happened to the owner...Hope everything is going to be fine.

xc06, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  10. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I believe that the owner was abducted by the government and aliens are trying to cover it up.

hotftuna, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  11. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We've built spiders to grab copies of directories and get them back up in the past (ex. using archive.org) so if the owner is around and needs help, we've gotten people out of a bind in the past.

dvduval, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  12. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a user name "romow" on DP that has not been active in more than three years. I found a gmail address from contact info in an old paypal transaction data. I sent a request for info but have not received a reply.

hotftuna, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  13. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did a little digging myself and I found where there were multiple Romow sponsored template releases in 2006 and 2007. It might be possible to contact some of the people who posted threads and see if they have additional contact information like messenger ids or a different email. It appears that at least 4 different people did templates that were sponsored, cocomo doing the most.

dvduval, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  14. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have multiple listings in the directory and this directory is better than 90% of paid directories, it hurts to see value going down the drain.

dvduval, can you find his contact details in your licence registration system and shoot him an email or sms?

Jin, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Using publicly available information I arrived at pages like this http://www.checksitetraffic.com/traffic_spy/webranking.us which contain his email and other domains on the same IP or using the google analytics account. The guy has a lot of domains and I am going to guess he hit on something that made him some good money and just started focusing on that, no longer having time to concentrate on some of his other domains. That's just a guess, but I think a reasonably good one.

dvduval, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  16. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    dvduval, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  17. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is contact number in the listing, i might just give him a call or leave a text message to put his directory up.

Jin, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  18. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Romow is not taking listings unfortunately. I had to take action to get a refund for a submission that was not actioned a month ago. My favourite directory too.

Something not good has happened to the owner as I had also done some editorial work for the directory owner back in February but he suddenly dropped out of the loop.

boblord666, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  19. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously something bad happened and this is unfortunate. It could be something bad related to the directory business, or something bad related to the owner personally. If it was something related to the business, I would like to know so I can improve my business. Personally, I don't care about the few paid submissions I made to romow. I wish the owner "all the best" and I hope all will be OK for him soon.

hotftuna, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  20. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Romow.com is completely down at the moment, it is as though it has been wiped off the internet.

sunilmamo, Jul 31, 2011 IP