1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Robots Problem

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by premierfabio, May 23, 2011.

Hello,

I add a directory called /forms/ to disallow list in my robot file Disallow: /forms/, which I do not want Google to index, but it is still indexed by Google. And when I use site:/mydomain.com/forms/ on Google, it returns over 86000 pages. But my whole website has only 83000 indexed by Google? (When I use site:mydomain.com, it returns 83000).

How can this happen? If I add noindex to all pages under /forms/, can Google ignore them?

Appreciate you time.

premierfabio, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. maverick.jones

maverick.jones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi PremierFabio

Disallow: /forms/ will work but, Google will take some time to remove from pages from its database till then u can try Noindex meta tag if u r not happy with robots Disallow

maverick.jones, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you search site:mydomain.com, the indexed pages would be greater than the indexed pages when you search site:mydomain.com/forms/. There is no possibility that this can be reversed. As far as the already indexed pages are concerned, I would like to apprise you that Crawlers will take some time to remove these pages from the index. If you want to remove them now, you can remove them from Google webmasters tool.

manish.chauhan, May 24, 2011 IP
  4. premierfabio

premierfabio Peon

Best Answers:
    You suggest me use "remove url" in Google Webmaster tool? It is said only pages direct to 404 or 401 can be removed, but my pages can be opened as normal pages

premierfabio, May 24, 2011 IP
  5. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Block it by robots.txt then submit removal request from your Google Webmasters Tools. Google will remove it from SERP by 24 hours.

RamCity, May 24, 2011 IP
  6. premierfabio

premierfabio Peon

Best Answers:
    hi RamCity,

I have over a thousand urls, do i need to do it one by one?

premierfabio, May 24, 2011 IP
  7. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    No. You need to follow the steps for those links which you want to remove from SERP.

RamCity, May 24, 2011 IP