1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Robots and Google analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by clive2, May 8, 2012.

When we disallow any folder in robots.txt file means search engine not to crawl that folder and all pages of that folder and not to index. My question is that that folder pages google analytics info should we get even if we disallow that folder?
    How to cross check that our disallow function work properly?

clive2, May 8, 2012 IP
  2. ElizabethSwell

ElizabethSwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Google as a name of a human.......

ElizabethSwell, May 18, 2012 IP
  3. mical

mical Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Robots.txt is a text file you put on your site to tell search engine which pages you would like them not to visit.We do not get google analytics info if we disallow that folder.

mical, May 21, 2012 IP
  4. Elizay Shawn

Elizay Shawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i think that robot.txt includes the names of files that we don't want to get crawled and make them invisible for search engines, So in this case if we have analytics to one of such page that is included in robot.txt then analytics won't show stats because that page is not crawl able. Well thats my understanding, please guide me if m wrong.

Elizay Shawn, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  5. smith.rosef

smith.rosef Peon

Best Answers:
    not folder disallow pages

smith.rosef, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  6. Saif Rizvi

Saif Rizvi Member

Best Answers:
    Robots.txt is a text file that we put in our website to tell search engine whether which pages search engine would crawl or not. Disallow- it indicates those pages or folder which we not to be crawled by search engine. Google analytics is different thing we don't specify any page or folder which we want not to be crawled. Google analytics shows us clicks, traffic vists, pages visits etc etc There is no issue of crawled pages in google analytics.

Saif Rizvi, Jun 13, 2012 IP