1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Risks of Buying Traffic?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by bargainr, Feb 10, 2006.

Are there any potential risks (with respect to Google Adsense) to buying traffic for your site? Specifically I'm asking about Google frowning on this practice and potentially banning you or otherwise hurting your earnings?

These are the risks that I see:
    1) If you've been getting 100 uniques for a while and you buy 5,000 visitors a day (let's believe it's 5k uniques) then Google could potentially ban you for fradulent behavior and clicks.
    2) If you buy some traffic that's perhaps an additional 10% (won't raise any red flags) and you earn some money because of a few clicks, will smart pricing kick in and hurt your future earnings?
    3) Lastly, could Google discover somehow that you paid for traffic and hurt you in the SERPs? or hurt you in some other way?

Thanks!

bargainr, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have any experience buying traffic specifically to show them google ads.

But I have bought traffic in an attempt to sell or interest people in products. Always been a waste of $$$, traffic that came in was all junk, never clicked through on any links on the page.

Christopher, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  3. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats because it wasn't an actual human visitor but a bunch of proxies. Never ever join a paid traffic program such as those that say 2000 visitors for $1.99. Big scam.

IamNed, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  4. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find the answers inline :p

anusha, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  5. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
  6. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most sites selling any type of traffic are scams.
    The legitimate ones only send you useless traffic.

ANd you do have to be careful, as google does frown on the way you advertise your site.
    Google may construe buying traffic as buying clicks.

My advice, don't buy traffic in any way, shape or form.
    Submit to directories, forums, blogs, etc.
    Buy links and banners on complementary sites.
    Exchange links.

iowadawg, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  7. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

bargainr, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  8. ozguy61

ozguy61 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well call me a sucker but in the effort of being desperate to acquire traffic I've been had not once mind you but twice in the last 5 days.

Number one trafficcircuit.com scammed me. The so called unique traffic, is in fact automated fake clicks. Everything is sent from one URL and not one stayed on page longer than 10 sec. After not being contacted after sale went thru I gave it 24 hours. Still no contact, wrote email, still no reply. Not until PayPal advised me to sent notice that if contact was not made I would make a complain. Finally I get a reply and the traffic started. But as you see above it was worthless, fake, scamming. Don't touch trafficcircuit.com they are scammers and will scam you!

Moving along I then find buyhits.net these guys have a contact phone numbers, offices all over the world and a actually mailing address. Not to mention that display a Verisign Gold Seal too. Thinking that lightning does strike twice (stupid thought) I buy traffic from Buyhits.net

Well it's been 3 days now and no traffic has arrived (states within 24 hours). Have made phone calls (just get answering machine) sent 4 emails, get auto responder, left messages on icq/msn and still no contact.

I've returned and clicked on the Verisign seal to only discover it does not pull up a certificate but merely links to Verisign (dodgy). Have submitted complaint here.

The thing that really made me sick about buyhits.net though is that on site they display the Official Logo for the "American Cancer Society" in an effort to say they support this cause.

In my regard buyhits.net is the lowest form of pond scum around. They are just a scam. If they don't have any problem with displaying Seals from other Companies or Organizations in attempts to give themselves Kudos, then that are not going to hold any concerns about scamming your money.

Avoid these scams

buyhits.net
    trafficcircuit.com

PS Both purchase preferred listings from google who I've contacted, one is hosted on Yahoo who I've also contacted. The other has its own server. I've contacted their upstream provider too. I'll keep you updated ;)

ozguy61, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  9. ozguy61

ozguy61 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well got some good news. Without going into the semantics I've managed to locate to License Plate # of the owner of TrafficCircuit.com

After sending this info to the contact email address of TrafficCircuit.com I've just received a full refund of my money back to PayPal.

:D

ozguy61, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  10. BKSRoss

BKSRoss Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.. I am shocked by your review.

I have been operating on the internet since 1994 and have built some very large enterprise sites... I have bought and sold traffic for years.

I am a huge believer in performanced based ad buys. I turned to buyhits.net for my bkslive.com site to drive me traffic with their niche unque offering of Adult traffic. I have been using them now for 8 months..

I have been given over my purchase each time I buy. My ROI from unique to registered visitor to member is better than any other buy I have done in the adult niche..... still could be better.. but.. not I certainly would not agree with your post.

They have accomidated all my requests and get back to me quickly.

I have bought from Traffic Dude and almost all the rest... static banners are great for branding.. they sux for ROI... spent $1000 for a month with TD.. got almost no response... no ROI

I do not know about the other site you talk about.. but my Buyhits.net experiance is good.

Maybe you mean buyhits.com?

Ross
    www.bkslive.com

BKSRoss, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  11. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buying traffic is against TOS

leandar, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  12. micromark

micromark Peon

Best Answers:
    Never buy traffic for a site with adsense. Anyhow, traffic like that wont convert so its worthless.

If you wana pay for traffic use adwords or something like that.

micromark, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  13. raananschwartz

raananschwartz Peon

Best Answers:
    careless traffic i might say, those f***** dont bring anything good anyway.

raananschwartz, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  14. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you are not buying traffic from automatic traffic web site, it's a risk but if you are buying traffic from legal sites (like ppc networks or normal sites) , it's normal.

adsense will only check your traffic source

trichnosis, Sep 29, 2007 IP