1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ripped $10,000 from Adsense account

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Gabriel, Dec 9, 2005.

We had almost $10,000 for December so far and woke up yesterday morning to receive a form email saying Adsense closed.

Worst part is we spent nearly $5,000 at adwords to generate the traffic.

Any suggestions appreciated or anyone from Google is welcome to contact me with some kind of communication even just out of courtesy. I am chiefly concerned about my being called a cheat in a form email with no explanation. The form mail says the clickthroughs were fraudulently generated.. yet the traffic was sent direct from my adwords account to my site where the adsense was displayed yet there is no refund offered to me, nor even an email from the adwords department??

Just a side comment: They have no trouble in taking my money as fast as I'll hand it over. So much for the "bunch of nice guys doing the world a favour" PR crap on thier website.
    SEMrush
    $15,000 for Google and not even the courtesy of an email..nice work for a bunch of super nice guys all playing roller hockey in the carpark and eating vegeburgers..I spose you have time on your hands when you can rip one guy for 15Gs and note even bllink an eye ....

regards

Gabriel, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
    SEMrush
  2. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry For That,
    I hope that you SOLVE that problem ...

sunchy, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    The same thing happened to me recently, I had $8000 in my adsense account and it got closed.

I switched my ads from google to another ad company for a few days, and suddenly I got banned for "Invalid clicks". Haha, google is so full of shit. Luckily I have a seperate account for every website I own so it wasn't a big deal.

I did get my check however, pm me if you would like some info on getting your last payment (It should work, but no guarantees).

S2X, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    If you are spending that much on adwords you should have a contact you can all.... atleast they can steer you in the right direction and get you answers faster.

Shoemoney, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you contacted them yet? Is there a way to call them?

Arnie, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is the leveraging of adwords against the TOS? I guess they decided that your paying for adwords to deliver traffic to the site cons=tituted the site having been designed purely for adsense, which is of course against the TOS.

As Shoey says above though, you should have a contact if your spending 5K, if not then get one ASAP.

Old Welsh Guy, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Definitely contact Google and proclaim your innocence -- to both the AdSense department and the AdWords department.

Will.Spencer, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can it be that when it's a none commercial site, nothing to offer but info and u use adwords or similar services to drive traffic to your site, that this is considered against the TOS? - and when your site makes income only through adsense?

Perhaps not all leveraging of adwords is against the TOS but in some certain cases it may be.

Arnie, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  9. Gabriel

Gabriel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replys I appreciate it.

Thats the nasty part, not even a human email to explain. I was spending $1500 per day and just commsioned anews ite with a budget of $5K day. I am lucky I didn't have that running.

As for the TOS.

Adwords have a dept which helps you with your adsense account to maximise returns so there is no conflict that I can see there.

Anyway live and learn. I can make more $$$ by getting on with my business

Gabriel, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  10. Got shafted also

Got shafted also Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently had the same thing happen after spending $3000 on adwords to generate traffic my adsense account balance was US$2500.

I stopped the adwords avertising due to funds.

The next day I recieve an email saying invalid clicks your account is shut. I have already payed the adwords there money and have tried emailing but no reply. I have been with adsense for a couple of years and no money but as soon as I payed for traffic and my adsense balance was getting up and they shut the account.

Funny though my adwords account is still open for business. There must be thousand like me, if anyone can help please let me know.Any email from THE GOOGLE ADSENSE TEAM would be appreciated...........................

Michael

Got shafted also, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  11. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    kind of weird how all these people with 1 post come out of the woodwork

ya see thats where you are wrong. I mean if you clicked your own ads and know your guilty then thats one thing but the burden of proof is on google and I can tell you first hand from my experience that adwords is in super close with adsense.

I havent spent nearly what you claim on adwords.

Shoemoney, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  12. tangsem

tangsem Peon

Best Answers:
    Really sorry to hear that, hope you will get at least email replies from google adsense team.

tangsem, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you guys make a lot of money,wow... the only morale from this story = dont use adwords to get adsense traffic 0_o well at least i know i won't

I hope you guys get your money, thats a big amount of it! :| Best of luck.

Seiya, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  14. schmidte

schmidte Peon

Best Answers:
    Does Google have some sort of warning email that allows you to rectify the situation or do they.......BANG.....just cut you off?

schmidte, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  15. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bang, game over. But they don't do it for no reason

Old Welsh Guy, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  16. LikeMike

LikeMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you guys really got ripped! But if you were using adwords solely for generating traffic for adsense(meaning you weren't really selling anything on your site) then you were strictly against TOS and that's why they cut you off. Now, them cutting you off AFTER you terminate your adwords is really f'ed up. I guess they are not as stupid as they look... They know that at one point they will be terminating your account and just wait until the best time to do it. Boy I would hate to be you... :D

LikeMike, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  17. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    that pretty much summarizes what I wanted to write :)

mxlabs, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  18. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude if you were really generating that much money (remember google makes what you make), then they wouldn't have kicked you unless you were doing something really wrong... thats just business 101. They don't say to themselves "Hey, this guy just made me $10,000 lets shut him down", because if you made 10k then they did too.

mdvaldosta, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  19. EWpro

EWpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys,
    If you know to your heart that you did nothing against the TOS, then keep mailing them until some human reads your mail & verify your account.
    Ranting here won't help.

EWpro, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  20. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a bit of a gray area.

I've been using adsense for 18 months now. The first site I placed adsense on (my very first website) had been around for quite a few years. It's an information site I started purely out of interest and definitely was not made for adsense.

This particular site, however, is now monetized almost entirely by adsense although it gets a tiny extra income from an individual advertiser and an affiliate link.

It would never have crossed my mind that running an adwords campaign to drive traffic to this site would have broken TOS because, as I've said, the site was not made for adsense in the first place.

explorer, Dec 9, 2005 IP