1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rinsed mouth after 12 hrs of tooth extraction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by badrpg, Jul 8, 2007.

I accidentally mistaken the time as being 24 hrs after the wisdom tooth extraction and rinsed my mouth after only 12 hrs of the extraction. And i can see that it is still bleeding but not much... Any help here?

badrpg, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Hang in there, the bleeding will eventually stop. Bite down on some cotton wool/tissues. I've been through orthodontic hell too :(

Kerosene, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  3. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If there is no heavy pain, you are okay. Just don't do anything that creates a suction in your mouth. A dry socket is NOT something you ever want.

Biting down on a sterile pad is the best course.

Colbyt, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  4. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I have had my wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago in one of the best dental clinics in the world. They asked me to bite down on a bit of cotton for the first 15 minutes only. Dont do it again! You actually need it to bleed because you need a clot. My tooth was bleeding a little bit every now and then even after 2 days so dont worry. Oh and dont lick it or disturb it. You just need to wait for the blood clot to form.

mightyb, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  5. badrpg

badrpg Peon

Best Answers:
    How come it hurt everytime i swallow something. Like my own saliva. Which i kept swallowing every couple seconds or so

badrpg, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  6. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Its suppose to. They even gave me enough painkillers for 2 days. Just in case it gets too bad. If the pain does not get better after 3 days you should go see your dentist. After 24 hours the swelling should also be at its maximum and it should then start coming down.

mightyb, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  7. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep spitting

skibladner, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  8. badrpg

badrpg Peon

Best Answers:
    After the extraction i felt the extreme pain due to have to bite down on the cotton... and i was dead tired by that time(didnt sleep for 17 hours)

badrpg, Jul 8, 2007 IP