1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Right Click means no credit?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by cashmirrors, Aug 27, 2005.

Has anyone done know the answer to this?

Recently I've been right clicking on adwords to open them in a window because I like keeping track of where I am. I saw a thread elsewhere that modifying the adsense code to open in a new window was verbotten and had the thought - obviously google doesn't like new windows. Will the webmaster get credit or not? More importantly will the webmaster get in trouble?

cashmirrors, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  2. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Naw it will sitll give credit, because the page loads the same. Google just doens't like ads in pop-up windows.

exaro, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    You say Adwords and posted in the Adsense forum, so what is it?

If you are clicking on your own ads, doesn't matter if you do it with a right click while standing on your head, it will still be counted

fryman, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  4. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exaro - Thanks for clearing that up.

Fryman - no, I'm not clicking on my own ads, that's bad and I don't want to get banned.

I've been right clicking on interesting google advertisments that appear on other people's webpages (call them whatever you want, I thought calling them Adwords was pretty clear) because I don't like having to navigate back to a useful page. I just wondered if the webmasters were getting credit for them.

I figured publishers (the Adsense forum) would know more about this question than the advertisers (the Adwords forum) since they are most concerned about getting paid by Google. I'm sorry if I confused you.

cashmirrors, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, those are adsense banners, and yes, the webmaster gets credit for those clicks ;)

fryman, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  6. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, they are adwords banners because well, we spend time and money on adwords for the company.

Damn Google making my life difficult. :D

cashmirrors, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  7. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, you still get credit since it goes through the same redirect through google. I usually click on ads with the wheel button to open them in a new window (firefox)

Dejavu, Aug 28, 2005 IP