1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Riddle me this....

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Agent_Seb, Jan 8, 2015.

So here's a question for somebody smarter than me. I have a client that wholesales here products locally to multiple stores (could be 8 stores) in the same general area. She wants to allocate some of her revenue to support those products through paid search evenly among those stores. Sometimes there are differences in the products but many times they are identical products.

How do I set up an account that may be bidding on the same KWs but sending them to separate websites? She doesn't favor one store over the other (Budgets may be slightly different). She just wants to send extra traffic to the products on the retailer's site. I could create separate campaigns within one account or possible create a new account for each retailer. I'm not sure which one would be more work and also eliminate internal competition as much as possible. I also want to make sure to stay within Google's policies and guidelines.

Any thoughts on what the best approach might be?

Agent_Seb, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  2. kreed

kreed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you run eveyrhing at the same time it will be double serving, which is against Google policy. I suggest you to setup 8 different campaigns, one for each of the stores and get scheduling in the campaign settings that each campaign will run only for 3 hours from a day, so you will cover all the 24 hours and will follow Google policy.

kreed, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  3. Agent_Seb

Agent_Seb Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good advice. Thanks! Does anyone else have any other viewpoints or ideas?

Agent_Seb, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  4. blogginggenius

blogginggenius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is generally weary of multiple business entities in the same industry that are linked to the same business owner. They usually see no reason fr that. If these websites all sell the same products, then why not keep them all on a single website? If these are multiple clients, I'd highly recommend creating an Adwords account for each, then using a central account to manage them all (My Client Center).

blogginggenius, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  5. Agent_Seb

Agent_Seb Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that they are independent businesses with no relation to one another. My client is trying to grow awareness for the product and increase traffic to these sites in order to create additional demand and support for her products as a value prop as well.

Agent_Seb, Jan 9, 2015 IP