1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rhenquist Passed Away

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by nevetS, Sep 3, 2005.

I apologize if I got the spelling wrong, but I just saw a news report that says Supreme Court Justice Rhenquist died this evening.

Having two new justices on the bench so closely together will change things in the USA for a long time to come. It will be interesting to see how the close decisions fall over the next few years.

It will also be interesting to see the political response to this and whether or not the politicians can maintain focus on the gulf coast long enough to get the job done.

nevetS, Sep 3, 2005 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    and six minutes later it's 2670. Interesting. Do you think I inspired all that story writing?!? :D

nevetS, Sep 3, 2005 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Oh my! Google iz fast!!! And now there news server is as slow as a slug, as if it's election night and that other guy iz ahead by one vote!!!!!

Nintendo, Sep 3, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    wow. 30 more results. I can hit refresh and just keep watching the number increase. That's crazy. I've never watched it during a big news story like this. You have to imagine about.com is making a killing right now being the top result.

nevetS, Sep 3, 2005 IP
  6. Talkfreelance

Talkfreelance Peon

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear, r.i.p

Talkfreelance, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  7. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One of the big things was when Bush was re-elected was that he would have the possibility to completely change the Supreme Court.

Justice John Paul Stevens, 85, and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 72 - have undergone treatment for cancer and will probably retire or pass away before Bush is out of office, Sandra Day O’Connor retired, and now Rehnquist has passed away.

Bush could completely change the entire face of the Supreme Court for a very long time.

Hodgedup, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Rehnquist was an interesting guy. I saw him for an hour on the Charlie Rose show a few years ago. Definitely and old school personality.

Terrible week for the U.S. :(

Crazy_Rob, Sep 4, 2005 IP