1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

rewrite and redirect not working together

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jperezmt, May 23, 2008.

I've looked at a million different forums and threads and google and everything but for some reason I can't get this to work.

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    #The following is the redirect

RewriteRule ^/?page/(.*)/(.*)/$  /blog/$1/$2 [R=301,NC,L] #removes the slash, redirect
    RewriteRule ^/?page/(.*)/(.*)$  page.php?category=$1&title=$2 [NC,L] #rewrites the old url
    RewriteRule ^/?page/(.*)$  /blog/$1/ [R=301,NC,L]  #adds the slash to the category, one level, redirect
    RewriteRule ^/?([a-z0-9\-]+)$ /$1.php [NC,L] 
    RewriteRule ^/?([a-z0-9\-]+).php$ /$1/ [R=301,L] 
    RewriteRule ^/?([0-9]+)/news$  news.php?id=$1 [NC,L]

Code (markup):

There's my code. I'm trying to redirect /aboutus.php to /aboutus/ but I keep getting errors or the page just never loads. As soon as I remove this line

RewriteRule ^/?([a-z0-9\-]+).php$ /$1/ [R=301,L]

Everything works. I can access the page using /aboutus.php and I can access it using /aboutus/. Once I add the redirect, it stops working.

Pleeeeeeaassssseeee Hellllp!:confused:

jperezmt, May 23, 2008 IP
  2. ForumJoiner

ForumJoiner Active Member

Best Answers:
    /aboutus/ is a webpage? Looks to me like a directory. /aboutus looks like a page. I can understand why you want /aboutus to redirect to /aboutus.php but why /aboutus.php to redirect to /aboutus?

ForumJoiner, May 31, 2008 IP