1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revisitors.com, is it a scam?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by RoninEMS, Aug 7, 2009.

Well, it looks pretty much like every other scam site. Why is it that most sites pushing SEO, Backlinks or Traffic seem to have no sense of style or even basic typesetting?

It was hard to ignore the revisitors.com sales pitch and, maybe because it was 3am, I decided to try it out. I bought the 2500 visitor package.

The site (revisitors) reports that I have received 375 new visitors to my page yet I see no change at Google Analytics or Statcounter.

If I do not see a change in UV's or page views, am I really getting this traffic? If I am, it is not quality targeted traffic as the site promises.

Well, I will watch the campaign through its run and then decide if I will be testing their money back policy. I'll post the results from my campaign here.

I know that revisitors is a member on this forum and i invite his/her input in this thread.

RoninEMS, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  2. RoninEMS

RoninEMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I have heard back from revisitors, I must commend them on customer service they are very prompt.

Today, just shortly after I made this post. My Statcounter reports a huge increase in UV traffic on my page. I looked and I see hits from my local region (Canada). Some of the people landing on the page stayed for a while and clicked through the articles while many remained on for only a few seconds.

This is a good indication that we need to focus on our landing page and make it more compelling to our users.

As for revisitors, I got a response from an email about the discrepancy in traffic reporting. They say that statcounter and google analytics are inefficient in capturing this style of traffic as it the link is provided to the user via javascript rather than a straight link.

This is apparently true of google analytics and statcounters, although I am seeing revistors as the referring url on some of my current traffic.

Either way, I paid for a traffic referral service and that is what I am getting, a sharp increase in traffic when I asked for it in order to test my site. The numbers may not jive 100% but as long as I get close to the guaranteed number (2500 in 7 days) I will be very pleased.

The campaign has a few more days in it so I will monitor closely to determine if I want to go ahead and consider the 100,000 option to launch my site.

RoninEMS, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  3. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am running a test run with revisitors.com right now. It just started yesterday. I bought the 10000 package and have gotten alot of traffic today but nothing has converted into a sale. I ran a 30 day trial and will definately come back and post results. I just want to make sure they are real people visiting and not bots

mreb1010, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  4. Nectarios

Nectarios Member

Best Answers:
    I am also testing the revisitors.com website. I have signed up for the 500 visitors trial. I will post my results at the end of the month.

Nectarios, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  5. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Well the free trial of 500 worked for me

Theneo, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sending a follow up on this. At least, your efforts and what you paid for were never wasted. Then, we can say that they're not a scam and they're worth checking out. Let us know if there are any other relevant information on their company and service. Thank you.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  7. Nectarios

Nectarios Member

Best Answers:
    This is a follow up to my post above. I did the trial with revisitors.com but for me it did not work out as I was expecting.
    I did get hits on the website but it was around 60% less than what revisitors.com quoted and ZERO leads. So maybe it is OK if you just want to manipulate you statistics, to show that you have a lot of visitors on your website but if you are looking for conversions or sale leads.......you better look elsewhere.
    Regards
    N

Nectarios, Feb 2, 2014 IP