1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Reviews Forum for New Parents - newparentreview.com

Discussion in 'Sites' started by thexyz, Oct 9, 2012.

I set up this site last year when my sister became a parent as she had a hard time finding genuine reviews of products for new parents online. The site became really popular very fast and due to the added responsibilities of parenthood, can no longer manage the forum.

There are over 547 back links to this site and over 50,000 members. I have tried to cut down on the permissions of basic members to reduce spam as the load on the server has been very high at time.

There is fantastic potential here for the right owner.

Have a a look at site here: http://www.newparentreview.com

thexyz, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  2. sitehunter21

sitehunter21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    50,000 members is actually spam sign ups?

sitehunter21, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  3. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 7
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The site did have a big problem with spam but it was cleaned up and is now under control. We do have very few users submitting anything of use which is why permissions are low for most users.

thexyz, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  4. aaronr

aaronr Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble here but dude, let's be honest and up front, you've got a great domain with a bare bones forum and 60k+ spam accounts created merely for the sake of creating profile backlinks from Xrumer and other similar software. Now, in all fairness I'm not trying to bust your balls hear, maybe you just aren't fully aware of the level of spam out there, but as a spammer ("seo professional") myself I know exactly what I'm looking at here. This reminds me kind of like the for sale ads on here that are for link directories and article sites boasting huge amounts of traffic - yes, absolutely they're getting huge traffic, almost all from automated link creation software, which is entirely irrelevant to any claims of so-called 'popularity' or *real* human traffic. I'm willing to buy this domain from you, but not at anywhere near the asking price. Please PM me if interested - this is going to be a tough sell for you.

aaronr, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  5. pw2467

pw2467 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    - there are 12 posts in total, what am I missing?

pw2467, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  6. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 7
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, we deleted most of them as they were too spammy.

thexyz, Oct 11, 2012 IP