1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ReviewMe

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by feral cat, Nov 10, 2006.

ReviewMe which is backed by the people behind Text Link Ads launched yesterday and depending on the blog your posting to they pay pretty well compared to other services at the moment there’s a few bloggers that are getting $250 for a post, though they take half so it's $125, but that’s way better than any other service. At the moment if you sign up you can get paid to write a 200 word review of ReviewMe itself.

Here's my review though I wrote way over 200 words as it was something I was going to mention on my blog anyway.

They demand that you disclose the fact that you are paid for the post as well so it removes a lot of the ethical worries many people have and you are not required to be positive.

... anyway I thought this might be of interest to some of you.

feral cat, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a hundred times better than payperpost.

The best thing from an advertisers point of view is that you can choose the blog you want to get a post on.

mad4, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  3. Dmitry

Dmitry Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a good idea but I think its expensive.
    Dont you think its expensive for a blogpost? Or do you think its way better then using adwords for instance?

Dmitry, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As an advertiser in the UK its still pretty cheap IMO.

mad4, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  5. feral cat

feral cat Peon

Best Answers:
    A well written post on a quality ranked and trafficked blog from an author who cares about his or her site and writes in English (Or your chosen first language) is some of the best advertising you can get. And unlike adwords will likely remain in place for the life of that blog all be it in the archives.

Companies spend way, way more than that using PR firms to get press releases published and products mentioned on quality blogs. For those that want higher level in content advertising, but can't run to the budget of hiring PR firms this is a great deal.

Sure you could pay just $4 dollars to use pay per post, but I can't see any quality blogs accepting that.

I think it's a great deal for advertisers that really have a product or website they are confident in, although for those pushing get rich schemes and alike maybe it's not so good and PPP might be the way.

There’s a big difference between what someone will put up on their well designed, privately hosted, ranked blog and what people will put on a free hosted blog they don't really care about. You can check out the sites and see if they are written and designed in a way that shows the author cares. That in itself should indicate there’s a good chance you will get more value than your paying for, as they won't want to clog up their site with badly written just for the money nonsense.

6. skelton1234

skelton1234 Guest

Best Answers:
    I just checked it out and I think that its a little odd that they accepted www.fishtankgallery.com as a blog site and are willing to pay $20 for me to post a 200 word article... which would be severely off topic.

ahhh to write or not write about it... (prob not ...$20 is not worth the hassle my few true readers would see this as..)

skelton1234, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  7. feral cat

feral cat Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL yeah but that's just part of their own launch promotion, after that only people interested in fish or pets would want to advertise with you. The talk about ReviewMe thing is open to every site that signs up until the $25,000 they have set aside for it runs out. It’s just a good way for them to showcase their system.

Being accepted is not a guarantee of anything, it does not determine whether advertisers will use you it just means your there if they do.

8. agaton

agaton Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy money to write about RewievMe and get paid, in my case 20$...

If you have a better blog, you will get more (upp to 100$ I think)

agaton, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  9. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    An awesome idea. Funny that it is backed by the TLA guys, as the first thing I thought when I saw it was "wow, this is the obvious next generation of text-link-ads.com." :D

kkibak, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  10. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am being offered $20 per post but I think its just like tla lots of promises but few sales. I mean would an advertiser pay $40 for a blog post? Sounds a lot to me. The good thing about them is that they are aware that the WORLD wide web includes publishers from all over the world and not just the 50 odd countries that paypal supports for payment receipts. So they also pay by cheque :D. Non of the other paid posting services support anything but paypal.

abdussamad, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  11. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the prices are a little high but I don't think this will stop a lot of people with high quality sites.

IMO, this is much better than a text link ad because:

1. It is permanent (as I understand it).
    2. Your link is embedded in relevant text.
    3. It doesn't have the spammy feel of a list of link.
    4. From popular blogs you will actually probably get some decent traffic.

kkibak, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  12. CaptainB

CaptainB Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice service, thanks for the heads up.

That's not too much money for an advertiser to pay, I've been paid $10 for contextual hardlinks in posts on my humble blog.

With a service like this the advertiser will get way more clicks than they would by buying a link in an advertising block, and it helps build brand awareness aside from the direct traffic.

CaptainB, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  13. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thats interesting, $250 for a post is like wow
    surely you get tempted to apply there then :)

forumrating, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  14. Pingo Dot Com

Pingo Dot Com Peon

Best Answers:
    I stoped by text link ads booth at Ad Tech NY to learn more about reviewme that launched this week. They rate blog site based on RSS, alexa and a few other things to rate what your reviews worth. Its interesting concept but a bit pricey. We've been happy with payperpost. I just raised our offer to $8 bucks to increate our posts since bloggers are only allowed to write 3 posts a day.

Pingo Dot Com, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  15. feral cat

feral cat Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea that it’s expensive, depends on which advertisers use the service for example two of the text links TLA sold on my movie blog where bought by HMV (Huge music and video retailer) in the UK, the $60 they spend a month on that is NOTHING to a company like that. For decent sized corporations these amounts are pitifully small.

If you’re just looking for random links from any old blog PPP would be better, if you want quality traffic from a high quality niche site ReviewMe would be the way. Its quality versus quantity, it really depends what you need. For me I would consider junky links on lame blogs pointless, a decent post on one high quality blog could easily send you more traffic than 40 odd pointless blogs nobody but the author visits.

feral cat, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  16. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well hopefully you are right. But I think that they are like TLA in that they promise publishers a lot of money for their links/blog posts but deliver few link/blog post sales because they charge advertisers too much compared to other services in the market. But only time will tell whether I get any more offers for blog posts.

abdussamad, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  17. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    We'll see, you may be right. I agree that the pricing is a little high. I'm tempted to buy a few of the $60 ones as an experiment... if I do I'll post again here and share my experience w/it.

EDIT: Just ordered one @ $60.00. Will let you guys know if anything interesting happens.

kkibak, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  18. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got sites on TLA with adblocks that can't take any more links, and others empty. If you're suffering empty adblock syndrome then I'd suggest you rewrite your site's description and change the tags your using. I've done that and got several new sales within the next week.

Chris

blackbug, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  19. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Virgin, too, are a big spender at TLA. As are several of the big price comparison sites. Proper companies with proper budgets will come to reviewme, of that I'm sure.

blackbug, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  20. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The pricing has to strike a balance between being too cheap for the decent bloggers to become involved and too expensive for advertisers. Since a lot of advertisers have unlimited budgets the prices could still be much higher IMO.

mad4, Nov 12, 2006 IP