1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

review website usability

Discussion in 'Websites' started by molluzzo, Jul 9, 2010.

just launched this site and need some feedback please.
    In particular, how usable the site is and how it flows.

http://www.frontpagebump.com

if you wouldn't mind signing in (might be too much to ask :))
    there is a little bit of a process behind the "bumping" aspect
    and I wanted to see your feedback in that process, if possible.

otherwise, any feedback would be great.
    thanks!

molluzzo, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  2. MotoBoy

MotoBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website is definitely clean, I like that.

Floating templates work for some websites but I think yours should be fixed, or at least have a max width that goes no wider than your header image/block. On a wide screen the website looks broken when your contents start to spill past the right side of your blue header.

Placing your Video on the home page would be nice, or you could move it up above the fold on the "How Does This Work Page". If the visitor doesn't like to read (which is more common than not) they won’t read the, "Don't like to read? Watch the video" text and link. Almost all visitors are visual people as we know, when they come to this page the first place their eyes go is to the colorful "how it works" headline in your left column and to the "Sign Up Now" button on the right. Both lead to more reading, which is something they may not want to do. Chances are that this person will not see the video below, and they will overlook the video link at the top of the page.

I signed up to advertise my own site, during the process I clicked on the "Terms Of Use" link which opened up in that window taking me away from the sign up form. Most people won't click on this but if they do it would be nice to have the Terms of Use page open in a new window - Another option would be to have the Terms of Use text neatly expand on the page just below the link.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    MotoBoy, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  3. molluzzo

molluzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    great suggestions! for now I have moved the video up on the "how it works page"! thanks!

molluzzo, Jul 10, 2010 IP