1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review the most pointless website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by qpLucas, Jul 26, 2015.

Hi there,

please review the idea of http://needlessmoney.com , it's not begging site, I have a job and this will be my free time activity to help me raise money for my business idea.

I know it's absolutely pointless, but that's the point! :)

Ideas to improve welcomed!

qpLucas, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You've got a single static page, why in blazes are you wasting turdpress on it? Much less you've got 355 bytes of plaintext, one content image, and some crappy social plugin -- what in blazes is it wasting 470k in 36 files on?!?

Would probably look better too if you lost the stupid box-shadow'd box and centered EVERYTHING -- the PP and CC logo's after the content being left justified when everything else is centered looks more like a rendering bug than intentional design.

Really though, if you "needed" 10 CSS files totaling 136k and 12 scripts totaling 247k to build THAT, you probably shouldn't be making websites. Even absolutely pointless ones. The real laugh of that being that even with the RIDICULOUSLY ABSURD amount of external stylesheets and scripttardery, more than half the markup is static style and scripting. HERPA FREAKING DERP...

... and that's BEFORE we talk the developer ineptitude rubbish of sending screen media style to "all" or the stupid malfing halfwit "let's wrap the HTML 5 tag in a half dozen IE CC's" crap Paul Irish pissed all over the web by introducing.

deathshadow, Jul 27, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  3. raffahacks

raffahacks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with deathshadow. Write it from scratch, it'll be much better

raffahacks, Aug 2, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So its not a pointless website. Because the site exists so you can raise some money. I don't think website design is really your forté, probably why you went with WordPress.

Why don't you just create campaign for something on KickStarter? May as well do.

Mkcoy, Aug 2, 2015 IP