1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review: Shardoc.com - Documents sharing site to the world

Discussion in 'Websites' started by rohit09, Jan 20, 2022.

[​IMG]

The project I started because I found downloading PDFs from the internet is not easy and sharing is impossible. Some of the PDFs get lost for life and are available as audiobooks (paid) or paid into some website archive. Sometimes I create some forums and pages which help people to just download and get printed but sharing them online is a pain also it's got corrupted after few times. Site like PDFDRIVE are only specific about books of selective people. But what about forums and other docs there is no particular site or search engine for that. Also sites on internet has too many limitations and you couldn't download them sometimes. Also can't read without downloading.

To reduce the documents sharing hardel I introduce to you Shardoc.com - with lite features.

Most of the features are free.
    Free users have storage and inactivity limitations for now.
    Proper search engine
    All files are public by default. You can make them private if you want.
    The online read with google readers.
    Support 130+ documents files extetions.
    No download speed limits
    and much more..

If you like to add or change something also let me know. Let me know your reviews on it.

Thanks

rohit09, Jan 20, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    First impressions

FAQ: The font sizes are inconsistent.
    upload_2022-1-21_11-19-1.png
    If you are deleting files after 20 days how does this fix the problem?

Search Files: https://www.shardoc.com/search says there are no documents - you haven't even uploaded test documents?

Premium: https://www.shardoc.com/upgrade/2

You list the prices but not the benefits. There are 4 price boxes but further down the page there are only 3 benefits boxes. I'd recommend following the more common approach of having the benefits in the cheapest option and then for the next box just add the new benefits... or put the benefits above the prices.

At $30 per year I'm better off just paying for Google Drive or have I missed something?

API: well done having an API on day 1

sarahk, Jan 20, 2022 IP
  3. rohit09

rohit09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That depends from browser to browser. Boostrap has its own flaws - if you google you know it. But they are improving so do we... I can change the fronts or sizes but that may cause more trouble. Lets leave it for now and it will fix automatically. If not in next few day I will try something else.

Good question - but you missed one thing. "INACTIVE FILES" - If a file does not get downloaded or viewed for 20days then it will be inactive. So free users have a big window to upload and share the most valuable docs.

Those 3 benefits are about payments, not the service. I will add more in terms of benefits here too. - Mostly I added the benefits at the front page.

That price will incrise by 1st July 2022. Be like $30 per month more or less. And free storage will decrease to 10GB soon.

Also there is no search engine for PDFs or documents. Ya you may say I can do that on Google Search but soon that will be off too and Google Drive for private use only.
    Also for $30 per year - you get like 200GB. Looks high for documents storage purposes but in a year most people move to their 2TB plans.
    Google drive has download limits for files. And 100 more stuff they aren't supporting right now - I can count on.

Not yet. But you can too.

Thanks For the review

rohit09, Jan 20, 2022 IP
  4. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see much sense in this service.
    First of all, you need space, and every day you will need more and more space for more and more uploaded files.
    Are you sure you can pay for this kind of hosting plan?
    How do you plan to monetize this service or you are going to pay for hosting from your own pocket?
    Who will check all these files? Because 90% of uploaded documents will be pure spam.

mayazir, Feb 2, 2022 IP