1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review on my Portfolio page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Shahzad S., Apr 20, 2013.

Hello professionals:

I am Shahzad and I am a freelancer since last 2 years. I have recently launched my own portfolio page by the name of Krunch design. As freelancers already know that we do best for every client that pay us but when we talk about our selves, we have so much in or inds that we cant stand on one idea, LoL.

I have created a wordpress theme and want you please review my portfolio page and comment on it so that I can upgrade the mistakes and things which are making the page look ugly.

Here is the Krunch Design Portfolio Page " http://krunchdesign.com/ "

Kind regards,
    Shahzad Shahab

Shahzad S., Apr 20, 2013 IP
  2. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you use images of breakdancing boys? Is that you?

rolodex, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  3. Shahzad S.

Shahzad S. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for your reply.

Actually No, thats not me. I wanted to make the banners more eye catching and break dancing do attract people brains, that's the only reason to use them.

Thanks.

4. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly I don't think so that's the best way to attract people's brain, unless you are targeting a specific crowd, say dancers? But you are actually advertising your services of web and design, so breakdancing is totally irrelevant.

I think the best step to take is to influence your mind with some excellent website that offers the same service as you, and try your best to achieve qualities like them. Remember, achieving quality is not the same with simply copying their design or whatnot.

You're still new to the industry, I understand, same as me. The web industry is progressive, constantly growing and expanding, so we have to catch up.

I'll give you some links for the heads up.
    http://www.webdesignerdepot.com
    http://www.gomediazine.com
    http://alistapart.com

Happy exploring, enjoy it, and have fun!

rolodex, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  5. Shahzad S.

Shahzad S. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are right. Can I have your skype so that we can discuss this in more details?

6. GM ORNOB

GM ORNOB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey shahzad , i am agree with rolodex , because he is taking about the main topic for business , i like your design . Is the theme bought from any thememarket ?
    thx to rolodex for share usefull link because i will start same type business soon ..

GM ORNOB, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  7. Shahzad S.

Shahzad S. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @GM ORNOB : Firstly, I already said I designed this theme by myself. It was designed for one of my clients but I modified it and used it for my site aswell.

Secondly, In this business we need good English speakers, I would advice if you can learn good english first, so that you don't have to loose clients just because of poor communication skills.

Thanks

8. DigitalCows

DigitalCows Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be better if you change the background of your site. Make it blend more with the body. A flower brush as a background doesn't relay "professional". Maybe a solid color background with texture would be better. I would also add icons/illustrations on your services page to make it more interesting.

DigitalCows, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  9. Shahzad S.

Shahzad S. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @DigitalCows, Out-standing piece of advice, I will definately do that modification by tonight.. Thanks man.

Regards.

10. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site design look quite decent and there are lot of good things to share, but i will give you review about few things which can increase the value of the site or can eliminate some mistakes. The changes advised can be important or optional, its upto you.

1) Harsh corners and clear difference in background and main site. Try to make few buttons with soft corners to give more beautiful feather touch. Try to blend background into main site by eliminating the clear OUTLINE between background and foreground.

2) Add twitter details as well, people love to see facebook and twitter together, your services should be covering twitter social media as well. make an account and link it. (Again soft buttons of some designer buttons for social media icons)

3) make more slides in slider, break your services into small pieces. e.g. instead of web design services, make it wordpress theme designing, wordpress blog development, Static websites / dynamic websites. And instead of just logo design services, make it, logo designing, banner designing, graphics designing etc. So you will get atleast 6 sliders this way. Think other keywords or services to put up on slider, i was just giving hint.

4) background image is too much colorful to read what is written there as SERVICES, it gives too much stress on eyes. Make is easy to go with proper font color and background color combination in slider.

5) Put more content if possible, try to make more pages on logo design, stationary , web design etc. services section. (putting read more and giving link is a good idea.)

6) IF portfolio thumbnails can be ZOOMED in on roll over, then it would be great, your potential client dont need to click each and every link there in portfolio.

7) Most worst thing which could be present on a site :D
    Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it,…
    make few posts there, Put some news related to recent advancement in your faculty or new techniques or give some ideas which can be useful for your client. e.g. how to think a catchy name for brand (to use on logo or to use as tagline)
    8) remove money back guarantee seal from left side footer column and put it on right side, there is more space. Middle column are squeezed up, arrange things such that nothing should go in LINE 2 as a heading. use space properly.
    9) Google loves SITEMAP page.
    10) If you really want your client to read something from your website, then please make a bit bigger font.. small font size is fine with footer space where you lack space.
    Hope it helps.

goldenprince000, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  11. GM ORNOB

GM ORNOB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @shahzad , thx for your advice :oops:

GM ORNOB, Apr 23, 2013 IP