1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my website please and tell me what needs improving

Discussion in 'Websites' started by iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021.

Hello there, my website https://www.appwatchwear.com is about smart watches and tech. Please take a look and review it letting me know what to fix or not. be kind

iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Be kind? You want people to lie to you? How does that help you towards your goals?

mmerlinn, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  3. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realise that people can be kind without having to lie. People can also say some of the worst things kindly instead of saying “your site is f**king sh*t”, I can be “your site needs improvement”.
    Try it

iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The site is poorly written junk. Poor use of the English language, sentence structure and grammar.

Agent000, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  5. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should check all of the material via a Copyscape pass and concentrate on visuals; if you enhance the quality of your graphics, the user interface (UI) will alter, which will have a good effect on your visitors' experience.

usaukclassifieds, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly most of the time people say "be kind" that's not what they mean. It means they're looking for a pat on the back and soothing syrup words. It means little more than the "toxic positivity" found at the echo-chambers of suck-ups, sycophants, and "yes men" at dens of scum and villainy like Shitepoint or Trashnode.

Which is why @mmerlinn reacted the way he did to that. I've been on sites where what I'm about to tell you about your site is a permaban offense, BECAUSE people say things like "positive vibes only" or "be kind".

So here we go...

Almost every place you have white text it is illegible to large swaths of the population for failing to meet contrast minimums. White on cyan, white on magenta, white on yellow, sky blue on white, dark grey on darker grey? They all reek of a complete ignorance of accessibility norms and actual design; typical of what I've come to expect from artists under the delusion they know what design is.

The font-sizes are also below accessibility minimums, with many absurdly undersized sections that fail to meet minimums. This is only exacerbated by how most of the fonts are declared in pixel sizes, which tells users with accessibility needs to go plow themselves. They're called EM, use 'em! Someone tells you it's ok to say "font-size:13px" they don't know what they're talking about.

Landings for non-visual and/or alternative navigation are utterly jacked, likely from -- before I even look at the markup -- a complete lack of logical semantic markup. To be brutally frank the use of numbered headings is complete gibberish utterly devoid of the proper usage... from the missing H2, to the presence of H4 for things that are not the start of new subsections. Though at least it uses H1 properly.

It's also painful to watch load, stemming from the ridiculous 6.45 megabytes in 119 separate files just for the home page. That 1.77 megabytes of that (in 39 files) is JUST the endless pointless "JavaScript for nothing", and another 1.15 megabytes in 13 files is the CSS explains why it's such a disaster on the efficiency front. I very much doubt what I'm seeing needs more than 64k of CSS and JavaScript COMBINED in two to four separate files. When you have at minimum 48 times the amount of code needed to do the job, you've got HUGE problems!

This is even evident in the bloated nonsensical markup. Static scripting in the markup, blocking scripts in the HEAD, media="all" on the stylesheet link defeating the point of even having stylesheets, static style in the markup... there is so much CSS and JavaScript in the HTML one has to question what the blazes it even needs the external files for. At 173k the markup -- by itself -- is larger than the markup + external scripts + stylesheets have any business being by a factor of two or more!

Particularly when the loaded page only has 5.6k of plaintext and two dozen media elements (content images). That's not even 12k of HTML's job!

And that's before we talk about the DIV doing fieldset's job, DIV doing paragraph's job, endless pointless presentational classes,

Much of the blame for this isn't on you, it's on the garbage scam artist off the shelf answers that have saddled you up and taken you for a ride. Trying to shoe-horn the garbage blogging systme for grandma that is turdpress into being a shopping cart for business? Yeah... no.

If everyone could sleaze together a steaming pile like woocommerce with some bloated garbage off the shelf template reeking of having been built by someone unqualified to make websites, and then magically be successful, we'd all be successful Every one of the cheap lazy shortcuts present in your site are why it is in all likelihood to be nothing more than a money-pit.

If you brought this to me as a client, I would tell you to throw ALL of it in the trash and to start over from scratch. There is little if anything of value to salvage from it.

And no amount of platitudes, fake plastered on smiles, and pretended geniality is going to fix that.

deathshadow, Jun 28, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    Honest feedback: It gives me that "why would I trust this site for credible info on smart watches?" feeling.

FrogeHost, Jul 2, 2021 IP