1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my Tech Blog

Discussion in 'Websites' started by kamleshnishad, Mar 2, 2015.

I have started my tech blog using wordpress as a platform and genesis as a theme framework. Just installed one child theme and customize it bit. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Blog - http://techmanch.com/

kamleshnishad, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  2. Profitup

Profitup Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not bad, but logo and menu fonts I would change :) My rate is 8/10!

Profitup, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  3. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The logo area needs work. The logo shouldn't be squished. Also, that's a lot of space to devote to the logo, unless you're putting an ad up there too that I just don't see (ad blocker).

Also, your article titles are getting too close to your picture that appears on the right. It doesn't look right when the title runs right into the photo.

BMR777, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    More proof IMHO that turdpress and off the shelf templates are scam artist BS, and that --- sorry to break it to you -- someone has put the saddle on you and taken you for a ride.

The layout looks broken, the serif fonts on screen are a legibility disaster, many of the colour contrasts are below accessibility minimums, the massive pointless images (that don't even seem related to the articles) leave little to no space for the actual CONTENT, and the attempt at responsiveness is even more broken than the desktop appearance. At the very least reduce the side padding at smaller screen sizes so it fits more than two words per line on your headings!

Of course, under the hood it's turdpress so I could spend the next three weeks telling you what's wrong with it, but in filesizes and counts alone it throws up warning flags. There is no reason for a page with a dozen and a half content images and 5.6k of plaintext to be sucking down 36k of markup with a total page size of 1.21 Megabytes in 39 files; the really sad part being 770k and 12 files of that is nothing but "JS for nothing".

But again, that's par for the course when you let turdpress do what it wants to do using some rubbish off the shelf template. Honestly given what you have chosen for tools you aren't doing too bad, but really you need to bend the codebase and design of that over the table and make it your **** if you are serious about this as an actual website.

Something that TP usually doesn't like too let people do.

JS for nothing and your scripts for free... that ain't workin', that's not how you do it.

deathshadow, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  5. kamleshnishad

kamleshnishad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Thank you all for your honest reviews. Got really worth review Working to improve more and more. Thanks once again.

kamleshnishad, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  6. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Looks good, just change the logo, it can be better and add categories and more options on the right hand side of the blog. 7.5/10 from me.

King-Servers, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  7. kamleshnishad

kamleshnishad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Thanks for your great suggestion I appreciate. But i don't want to use another theme yeah i can improve in this theme. I love genesis that's why i can't use any other.

kamleshnishad, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  8. Jackniu

Jackniu Peon

Best Answers:
    I had set up a Website, these theme color is gray, the background is white. But customer's product color are variety, so it not looks very beautiful.
    Which color do you think can apply this model?

Jackniu, Mar 18, 2015 IP