1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review My Tech and Entertainment website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jaypadhya, Mar 21, 2015.

I have started my tech and entertainment website. I will be updating with more categories and information. I appreciate any suggestion about design or quality of content.
    Thank You.

URL : streample.com

jaypadhya, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  2. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Loads fast and its good that you add an image to each post. I'm used to check a tech sites having really techie contents like "how to" tutorials. For example cyberciti.biz which covers a lot of tuts. Sites like these appear more on searches for they are shared more by users that find it helpful. People will actually visit pages that teaches something like how tos and which apps are much helpful.

TB Ann, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  3. Eitan Kuniz

Eitan Kuniz Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is good. The ads are bugging me though. Try to work on it by removing some ads because it can be annoying to certain people. good luck! :)))

Eitan Kuniz, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  4. learnwebsitedesigncom

learnwebsitedesigncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website looks really good. The only thing that bugs me is the ad at the top that appears at the width 1240px and up.

Real good job though.

learnwebsitedesigncom, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  5. trabic

trabic Active Member

Best Answers:
    trabic, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  6. jaypadhya

jaypadhya Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys.. thanks you very much for your input. I am working on to fix problems you all suggested. I will be adding more categories and content soon. once again thank you very much

jaypadhya, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Takes it's own sweet time loading here, though not as painful as some other sites I've seen lately. That it's 40 separate files doing the job of roughly half that is the most likely cause -- particularly when half that file count is scripttardery on a page I don't see any reason to have scripting; admittedly, I'm running an adblock so.... but still 277k of scripting in 15 files and 182k in 9 files for CSS means it's not only just "slapped together any old way", it means whoever wrote the CSS has no business writing CSS.

You've got fixed metric (aka PX) measurements on your fonts leaving me diving for the zoom, NOT that it does me a whole lot of good since that light grey on white is effectively invisible. There's math for figuring out sufficient legible colour contrasts, use it!

The goofy scripttardery for the show/hide of the sidebars on mobile doesn't gracefully degrade scripting blocked, and in general the layout is filled with scripted nonsense that just makes the page HARDER to use.

The footer and site title just feel slapped together any-old-way and have no real proper "alignment". In particular on mobile the sheer amount of space that title sucks down and how footer elements don't seem to even HAVE alignments almost like they are broken APo or something really makes those parts feel amateurish.

Under the hood, hey look, it's turdpress... so the code is automatically inept garbage made by people who have NO business making websites. Also explains the endless pointless separate files and worse, the utter and complete lack of MEDIA target on the LINK.

Not sure why it's outputting THREE separate TITLE tags, but you mix in the endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless DIV for nothing, static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, IE conditional wrapped polyfills to try and sweep developer ineptitude under the rug...

I'll stop there -- it's turdpress, all that should go without saying. and again why I cannot fathom how/why anyone would use that to make a website unless they WANT to fail.

Like a great many websites, my advice would be to toss the whole thing in the trash and start over clean actually doing things like using HTML properly, CSS properly, back the **** away from the "JS for nothing", and bothering to do things like follow accessibility guidelines. If I were to come across that site when looking for something, I'd probably end up closing the tab without even trying -- instant bounce.

deathshadow, Mar 25, 2015 IP