1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by blueparukia, Feb 17, 2016.

Hi all

I've been trying (and succeeding) to get weekly video reviews of tech products for the last 3 months and I would like to see what you think of some. I did a few last year, but my quality has massively improved since then.

The full channel is available here: http://www.youtube.com/TechDredge and I think my best review is my latest, it reviews an awesome square computer monitor.

Will be good to hear your thoughts.

blueparukia, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  2. Oleman

Oleman Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

- Your level of energy is very appropriate for a tech blog, neither too high nor too low
    - You should invest in some extra lights or a better camera for a better view
    - Try adding a low volume funky BG music to your next vid
    - The editing of your "Harman Kardon Mini" review is very good, you should keep up that panning game with occasional zoom-ins

7/10 subbed, promising :]

Oleman, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  3. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your critiques, and sub :)
    1. Since I'm using a $15k camera rig in a professionally lit studio, I think it's actually less lighting that I need to give the shot some depth. I too really like the look of the Harman Kardon Review - which was shot in a hotel room - and have been toying with how to make that ambience a reality when I'm in the studio. I think it's a factor of clinical lighting and poor set design - so I'm going to paint the wall behind me, reposition some lights and learn more about colour grading. That said, I'm really not sure what the issue is, just that it exists, so I might bring in someone who is knowledgeable.

2. I should bring in background music. And I will at some point. I'm really, really bad at sound editing (evident in Das Keyboard Review, Blackmagic URSA review, ASUS VG248QE review). Once I am comfortable with scripting, hosting and editing, I will tackle it, but it might be a while.

Thanks again for your comments, and any issues should be addressed in due course!

blueparukia, Feb 20, 2016 IP