1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my forum theme site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by MilliR, Jul 22, 2014.

Hi there. I just started my premium forum theme site. I would very much like a review on the main site. Please consider the following while reviewing the site and post your remarks:
    - usability
    - speed
    - colour combination
    - layout
    - ease of navigation
    - information

I want to improve my site so any review will be quite helpful.

My site is http://millithemes.com It's a premium/free forum themes site. Currently, I have themes for SMF and MyBB, with additional forum software port planned according to demand.

MilliR, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  2. KillaKeith

KillaKeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First off, I wish you the best of luck with your new site!! I have visited your forum and these are my observations.

1. I don't really understand the color scheme. They are nice colors, but they don't fit together on the same page as they are. The purple is the color that throws me off the most. EDIT: After using the site a bit, the colors grow on me, but the purple is definitely out of place.

2. If you are going to keep the green Log In button in the upper corner, then it seems redundant to have it in the main menu bar. I would also suggest moving the Register link up there as well to maintain continuity and simplify the menu.

3. Before registering, I navigated around the site and noticed a small item that could easily be fixed to avoid confusion in new visitors doing the same investigating. When you go to Themes -> Join Theme Club, you are met with 3 plans to choose from. Clicking on any of these while not logged in, will bring up the following error:

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
    The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist.​

4. The download system appears to support comments and ratings, but I don't see where to do either. There are no links or buttons to add a rating or a comment. Just me? (Could be lol)

5. I personally would feel more "at home" if the Help section was more personalized. I just think it would be a nice touch, nothing more.

I think you have a really great site, and with a few adjustments, I think it could turn into something for you. Hope this was helpful!!

KillaKeith, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    The speed is okay, navigation and information as well but the color combination is kinda weird haha Well I am no expert in that thing but it is much better to keep it simple, I mean the colors are pleasing in my eyes but isn't it too many?

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  4. MilliR

MilliR Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback @KillaKeith . I have made some changes based on your observation.
    1. Removed purple :D . Hope the newer scheme is a bit better. My reasoning for that color was to make the stats area stand out from the rest of the board, but I agree... it was ugly :(

2. Changed/rearranged the nav menu. Hope it's more better now.

3. Added a note informing users need to be logged in. Hope this is enough :D

4. I didn't properly set the permissions for the usergroup. I think rating and commenting will work now.

5. I will add more "articles"/faq relating to my site in the help section in the future :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. More feedback is highly appreciated :p

@Patricia Ann Lee Just the normal colors made the site too bland... I wanted to have a colorfull, yet pleasing effect on the overall site :)

MilliR, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  5. KillaKeith

KillaKeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All changes look really good and comments/rating system is working now. Keep up the good work and you'll do fine :) Good luck!!

KillaKeith, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  6. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Active Member

Best Answers:
    I switched to XenForo a while ago but I remember when I last checked out SMF there was a severe lack of any good quality themes. I think you should have a good chance of being successful with this. When I visited your site just now I barely recognized the forum as SMF :D

RAND0M1ZER, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  7. rassen

rassen Member

Best Answers:
    Great theme, clean and clear. keep working.

rassen, Jul 30, 2014 IP