1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my forum site .. its my own creativity

Discussion in 'SEO' started by y2k2, Jan 24, 2010.

1. KrisOlin

KrisOlin Peon

Best Answers:
    <h1> rules! Google robot sees it as the most important tag of all the headline tags.

KrisOlin, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  2. salactivee

salactivee Active Member

Best Answers:
    h tags is very important for on page optimization. Should you h1 h2 h3 tag to optimize your website

salactivee, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  3. seogp

seogp Member

Best Answers:
    H1 tags are one of the most important part of SEO which is the header tag situated in body of a website. Through h1 tags search engines come to know about the site content details. If its used in proper co-ordination with anchor text and title tag then you can even expect increased density of website traffic from major search engines like Yahoo, MSN and Google.

seogp, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  4. andyken

andyken Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is useful for SEO. Search engines gives weight to H1 tag. There's no harm if you keep using it.

andyken, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  5. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you put H1 H2 and H3 so google not give ranking but google effect on ranking if your keyword rank 50postion so after you put this tag you get ranking up day by day but not directly

lindamood1, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  6. digpot

digpot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, absolutely correct.

@y2k2
    You can use font tag withing the H1 tag to override its default font style and make your heading more attractive without loosing SEO value.

digpot, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  7. Zirkos

Zirkos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As I said before, I don't think this is true. I've read in several SEO blogs, and it seems to make sense, that google doesn't care what markup you use for your text. I think in the end it only matters how large and visible your text is.

Zirkos, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  8. nancy15j

nancy15j Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Google do consider H1 tag put your keyword in H1 tag it will help in ranking

nancy15j, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  9. digpot

digpot Peon

Best Answers:
    That is what you've read but never applied on your own.

Does Google have eyes!! Of course not. So how the Google spider would be able to differentiate the larger text and smaller text on your webpage which is only visible to a human? Believe me H1 is the only way to emphasize the importance of a keyword for that webpage.

For example, if you follow through the first link in my signature, you could see I've only written the keyword 'Networking Articles' in that page that is surrounded by H1 tag(go to page source) and you won't be able to find the same anywhere else in that page. i.e. I've mentioned it only once and there is no keyword repetition.

And google the same keyword 'Networking Articles' you'll find the me(my Url) among the Top 10 results. It took me less than a month to appear on that position. Thumbs up for H1.

digpot, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  10. VasserPro

VasserPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need H1 tags with your keywords in them. Like others said, you should have H2, H3, etc., whenever you can. However, it is just one of many variables in the SEO equation, so you may not have them and still rank well, or have them and not rank at all.

Bottom line, you should use H1 tags.

VasserPro, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  11. 2RGmarketing

2RGmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    use h1 for heading with your keyword in it, then add keyword to content below it.

2RGmarketing, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  12. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its part of good seo

flanagan, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  13. firest4rter

firest4rter Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah h1 is very useful as people recommend though only use it once per page

firest4rter, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  14. zones88

zones88 Peon

Best Answers:
    You may recognise this as the strap line or slogan. It is the first heading on each of your web pages. Google places high importance on the first major heading on a page – the logic being that Google expects it to contain some prime keywords. So, your webmaster should help Google by loading some prime keywords into the H1 Tag, whilst keeping it meaningful and attractive for the human visitor.

It is also considered helpful to Google to have another version of the H1 tag at the bottom of the page to reinforce your keyword message.

zones88, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  15. haritash

haritash Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, h1 tag is useful for SEO.

haritash, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  16. osho3

osho3 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya header tags are very good for seo

osho3, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  17. Tiggerito

Tiggerito Peon

Best Answers:
    My tool detects you have 58 domains linking to your domain.

1000s of pages on the domain are indexed with Google.

Your page is indexed.

The domains root page rank is zero?

I think you may be suffering from being a small fish in a big pond. Your page is on a domain that is very large but low ranked, so your page is quite insignificant.

If you want your page to grow much further, I think you want to get your own domain, which you can then build up, and control.

Your SEO needs some work, however I can see that you may be limited due to the host you are using. Some quick tips:

meta description is for people, it has to be readable and sell your page. Yours is keyword jamming spam. I wrote an article on writing good meta descriptions. (see the Home page link on my profile)
    meta keywords contains gibberish, but don't worry, it is mostly ignored by search engines now.
    Your sparse introduction is keyword jamming (Looks like you used the Google keyword tool to get them). Write for humans while considering trying to get those phrases in there.
    Your best content is the list. How about adding a short sentence to each entry, with keywords.
    Broaden your keyword research, "universities in kerala" gets a lot of hits, and "mba kerala" gets even more!
    Your host adds a lot of junk to your page that distracts users from your content (and I bet you don't get paid for those adverts). Again I suggest, find a better place to get it hosted, and if possible, get your own domain.
    And as already suggested, get websites to link to you (there is an article on my website, click the home page link on my profile).

Hope that helps

Tiggerito, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  18. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make some blogs using wordpress and blogger. This will increase your traffic and even ranking too.

capstonic, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  19. Dot.Web

Dot.Web Guest

Best Answers:
    Why don't you switch to someother cms, i don't think wp will do for you. You may have to sit and work. The current theme is not interesting. Layout is also boring. I don't think repeat visitors will be there.

Post atleast a post day, till you get lot hits. Also use orkut twitter fb etc. best luuck

Dot.Web, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  20. uggur

uggur Active Member

Best Answers:
    is ur content unique?

uggur, Apr 14, 2010 IP