1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review My Ecommerce Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Borduhh, Jun 25, 2010.

Hello,

I am looking for a review of my e-commerce website, Outplay Poker. I am more concerned however with the ease of use of my website and my checkout.

Ease Of Use
    Do you think my site was easy to get around?
    What did you think about the speed?
    Did you find any problems or have any concerns?

Checkout
    What do you think about my checkout?
    Did you think it was hard or annoying?
    Do you think this would repel visitors away from finalizing their order?

Thanks,
    Nick

Borduhh, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  2. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

The speed of it was great all the pages loaded fast. I have a dsl connection.

I'm big on adding an about us. It can be useful if someone has never shopped with you before and wants gets to know you before committing to a purchase. So my suggestion is a brief about us page. I think it is a web standard anyways.

Your checkout was simple and easy to use.

Not at all.

Again no I don't. The only thing in my mind that repels visitors is lack of trust with any business. Build on that and you should be good to go.

I noticed you have your meta tags filled in correctly. Well done.

scotman, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  3. Borduhh

Borduhh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We did actually have an About us page. However it was sort of hidden as a footer link. I have just changed this to make the About Us page visible in the top navigation bar.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Borduhh, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  4. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a problem looks great. I think that is how most visitors 'page view' the homepage of a website, meaning they don't scroll down so getting your great stuff at the top is A++++. I forgot to add that is a very strong about page you make the customer feel like they are important and it builds their trust, which is the key to success of any business.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    scotman, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  5. Auliya.A.R

Auliya.A.R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes i agree with mshuong

Auliya.A.R, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  6. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    I have submitted my site to several top directories, as well have my link posted on several high pr relevant blogs.

Borduhh, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  7. GoodfellaLFC

GoodfellaLFC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very nice website. It looks good because of the minimalistic and simplistic design. I'd possibly make the buttons the homepage whole hyperlinked and not just a hyperlink on the picture.

GoodfellaLFC, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  8. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    Thank You. The buttons on the home page are linked in that way for SEO purposes mainly. However I will look into changing them and their backgrounds.

Borduhh, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  9. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Borduhh,

If you want the highest possible conversion rate (percentage of visitors that convert to customers), there are some important changes you can make.

If I search Google for the term "poker chips", do you know how many responses I get? Almost 10 million. How are you going to break through the noise, grab visitor's attention and differentiate yourself from your competitors? You only have between 4 and 7 seconds to grab the new visitor and tell him why he should be dealing with you instead of your competitors. You do this with something called your Unique Value Proposition. Those are the reasons and they have to be front and center on your homepage above the fold.

You have these nicely buried in little tiny text under the main image. One thing I can promise you: very few visitors are going to see it or read it. What you have is called a "Wall of Text". People just don't read that stuff. They think it is going to be a bunch of marketing pitch. Most websites vastly underestimate the lack of patience of the average new visitor. If you look at Google Analytics, a shocking number of visitors bounce off the home page in under 1 second. Google Analytics records visits in minutes and seconds, displayed as 00:00. A ton of visits don't even say 00:01.

Another way to improve your conversion rate is to take the stuff on your About Us page and put it into some prominent bullets in your Unique Value Proposition on the home page. The About Us page is supposed to be about YOU. A picture and a little bio that communicates your passion for being in this business and serving customers is what they are looking for. People want to do business with people, not with websites. Why hide from them? Let them know who they are dealing with.

You have lots of nice things to put in your value proposition. Fantastic Personal Service. Great Selection. Low Price Guarantee. Etc., etc., etc. If you display this prominently and correctly you will break through the noise and catch more visitors and turn them into customers.

If you make these types of changes and would like me to review them, I am more than happy to do that. I think you are well on your way. Keep in mind, if you could only accomplish one thing in this battle for customers, it is DIFFERENTIATION.

All the best . . . Carl

CarlDia, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  10. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    When I search for the term "Poker Chips" on google I only get about 3.6 million? Thats odd that we are getting drastically different numbers.

Do you have any examples of this? Most websites I see have products first on their page?

Thanks for your input though, I am working on upgrading the category buttons at this time. But as soon as im done I will work on the proposition. I will most likely replace the "Quality products from" image with another proposition image?

Borduhh, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  11. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    I only used the quotation marks in my DP Reply. When I searched on Google I didn't use them. That's where I came up with the 10 million. I am not sure, but I believe when most people are interested in something like poker chips, they won't use quotes.

Take a look at a site: www.scootertronics.com. The red bullets at the top are his Unique Value Proposition. There is still plenty of room for people to see the products and understand what you are selling. Scootertronics was trying to break out from the crowd and tell visitors why they should deal with him instead of competitors. This makes a very big difference in conversion. Your space is even more competitive.

Most often, on very successful sites, this appears as "Why Buy From Us". When you say "Most websites, etc.," it's true. It is also true that most websites are struggling with very poor conversion rates. That is because they don't know much about conversion rate Best Practices.

Carl

Optimizing your website for conversion isn't expensive. Leaving money on the table is.

CarlDia, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  12. tmears

tmears Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like your website! CarlDia is totally right with what he's saying. UVP is very important for getting a good conversion rate, especially with websites that have tons of competition like yours.

tmears, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  13. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    Carl - thanks for the info I will work on getting my site up to par as soon as I work on the category buttons.

Tmears - Thanks for the comment!

Borduhh, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  14. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    Ok I have added the UVP... Please Tell me what you think?

Borduhh, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  15. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice. Very sharp & creative. I like it. Once you accept that that's the game you are in, snagging some more customers here, some more there, never stop tweaking the site, you are on the way to success. My next project would probably be to start thinking about making the lower half of that page more interesting. You have an almost unfair advantage over other kinds of sites, in that, the use of bullets instead of just text is very user friendly. You can use little tiny hearts, clubs, etc. as bullets, in an organic way, that most sites can't.

CarlDia, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  16. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    Carl,

What do you mean by tweaking the lower half? Do you mean the big block of text that is there? That is again mostly for SEO, and I know that customers will not read it.

Borduhh, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  17. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is always a tradeoff and a judgment call. You could move those manufacturers logos above the text to become more visible and add credibility to your site. You could even use them individually as dividers between the paragraphs. You don't have to lose the SEO value. Just massage the paragraph layout so it is easier to scan so that some more people see your messages. Think about bullets, bolding, italics, etc. to make them easier to scan. Add clickable text to draw people into the site and get them involved doing stuff. If you don't draw them in, they are going to bounce. The home page is just the front door to your website. Success hinges upon your ability to get them to open it and walk in.

CarlDia, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  18. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this site is better for me.

Achiever, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  19. Borduhh

Best Answers:
    Ok I have changed the buttons to match the design of the site a little more! As well I have hyper-linked the entire button this time around. Thanks for your suggestion!

Ok, I have moved the sponser logos above all the text. As well in the text I have included some bold and hyper-linked words to make it a little more catchy.

Borduhh, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  20. cybatech

cybatech Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice work this site will go places.

cybatech, Jun 27, 2010 IP